ZBrushCentral

TUTORIAL: MAKING OF ZSPIDER (TUT 2 ADDED)

In this three part script tutorial you will see a ZSpider created from ZSpheres, Modeled, and finally textured and presented with a background. To aid you in following the script I suggest you go to SCRIPTS and turn on SHOW ACTIONS, set the REPEAT SHOW ACTIONS to 4 or 5 (or higher if you wish…it just makes the selected action on the pallets blink longer when they are selected) and set the DEALAY SPEED to a comfortable level (500 + perhaps).

:b4:Script Tutorial 1:
Creating the ZSphere object for ZSpider

This script will create the ZSphere object that will be used for the next two stages. At the end of the script you will have two objects in your TOOLS pallet…a ZSphere tool of the Spider and a Skin of the ZSphere. Save the ZSphere object as ZSpider Tut It will not be necessary to save the skin (unless you want to) as it will not be used in the next script.

:b4: [Spider Modeling Step 1 ZSpheres.txt](http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_file-1030716763sgt.txt) [img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/zbc_uploads/user_image-1030716795ekr.jpg[/img]

:b4: Script Tutorial 2:
Skinning and Modeling the Skin

This Script will use the ZSphere tool you saved previously so if you haven’t already saved it do so. The very first step will ask to load the tool. Just select the tool you saved previously from whatever location on your hard drive you saved it when prompted. At the end of the script be sure to save your skin tool. I suggest saving it with the name Skin_ZSpider Tut.ztl although you can save it with any name you like as long as you can remember it. This script will go through the process of modeling the skin and setting it up to be textured in the next script.

Spider Modeling Step 2 Skin Modeling.txt

The final script will be available shortly.

cool, thanks!

She’s a doozy, and very much appreciated. More! :slight_smile:

Just wanted to say thanks this is great script.

Very nice Lonnie… :+1:
(Hhmmm…Why do a feel that a lot of people around here who have been asking for these scripts are going through changes, dancing up and down, or wishing they could duck out of work right now!) :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Tnanx Mr. M…

Well, here’s a first - a script that’s going to have me fascinated and give me nightmares! :smiley:

Not had chance to try it yet, but the results look very impressive. Thanks for sharing. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Yay! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great looking spider – looking at this image activated my squirm reflex :slight_smile:

dave

Yay once again! :wink:

Your first script was very helpful and I am looking forward to viewing this one :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for taking the time to do this Mentat!
It really helps to watch a talented modeler in action. Looking forward to the whole series and I don’t even like spiders. :wink: :+1:

Excellent Lonnie

Took me a bit to figure out how to run part II as it kept asking for Skin_ZSpiderTut.ztl

I saved the tool from part I with that name and then loaded it into my tool palette. Then I ran Part II selecting “NO” when asked if I wanted to reset Zbrush. Then it worked fine.

Just what I needed to understand how a complex model is made with zspheres

thank you ill try it when i get a chance tommrow.
looks cool tho. :+1:

Thanks for the great tutorial! However, I’m getting strange results with Step 2. It starts out fine, but the actions become slightly erratic later on. Eventually, they stop having any effect on the model at all. The end result is this image (exported immediately after the zscript finished):

which seems (to my eyes) somewhat different from the example posted under Step 2. Notice the lack of detail on the abdomen, for example. Is anyone else having problems with zscripts in 1.5? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

I got very similar irregularities and the script took FOREVER to finish! Although I did not get mine looking as good as the one you got. I wonder if something is wrong with the script.

Loqutos

On my machine script no.2 aborts after a short while repeatedly.
I will try to abort the reset as mentioned above - hope this will help.

Thanks for providing these tutorials :slight_smile:

Great stuff, thanks a lot

Didn’t work either for me, script one starts to act wrong as soon as mask is applied on the main part of the body, strange ?!
Maybe .txt got corrupted during transfer, I’ll download it again.
THX anyway, it looks awesome

First, thanks a lot for the ZScript tutorial. :+1: I guess it’s a lot of work to create it.
Unfortunately,during the script is being played the model is shift out of the viewable window area in Zbrush. So it’s impossible for me to see what’s going on on the model.
Is there maybe a shortcut or a workaround that can be applied during ZScript is running that refits the model to the canvas?