ZBrushCentral

total noob question

is ZScripting the only way to write a plugin for ZB? is there a C/C++ SDK? if so, where can i get it and documentation on the SDK calls and ZB architecture? also, are there any samples/plugin templates for the SDK (assuming it exists)? thanks!!

there is no SDK yet. We are all looking forward to it.

However you can call dlls from ZScripts and pass it memory. In actuallity you can write C/C++ plugins, but you have to make up your own ways (get out the duct tape and bubble gum). My post on Passing Args has generated some nice examples and info:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=24066
May be of help.

Good Luck

Chris Reid

Hi Chris, thanks! I was beginning to think I just asked the dumbest question in the universe and no one deemed it worth answering! :slight_smile:

so, as far as the dlls, from briefly reading over the thread you posted it looks like you can write your own dlls for data parsing or doing some calculations, but the only data that can be retrieved from ZB is whatever can be had from ZScript commands. is that correct? there aren’t any ZB dlls that export data that can be called right? i guess if there was, that’d be a SDK of sorts, which you already mentioned we’re all waiting for :wink:

hmmm…having looked over the ZB command list, i don’t see anyway to grab per pixel data is there? perhaps i’m trying to do something that is just plainly out of the intended scope of the ZScripts design, but what i’m trying to do is use Meats Meier’s faked ambient occlusion material and light setup and write the resulting AO data out to a texture that i can then export.

anyway, thanks again Chris!

as far as:
>> I just asked the dumbest question in the universe

don’t worry I already took care of that a long time ago. :lol:

as for the dll calls there are some funny little hack ways of doing this, but like I said it is all duct tape and bubble gum.

You should be able to do what you are trying within zbrush natively. Once you have a texture you should be able to export it. Maybe I don’t totally understand what you are needing. Post it on the main forum and I am sure someone can figure it out.

best of luck,

Chris

cool. thanks again Chris!

Have you looked at the “pixolpick” command?