ZBrushCentral

My Film Music in Your Demo Reel...

Hey Fellas! First and foremost, the images here are depressingly amazing and I would be honored if any of you guys needed music for your 3d reels, shorts, or whatever… feel free to use my music. (or hire me for custom films) :rolleyes:

My stuff is best described as "Upliftingly Dark" cinematic film and game music, so if anything strikes your fancy, shoot me an email. I'm looking to move up in the Film Music world and I currently work for X-Ray Dog Music here in Los Angeles. You can hear my music at [www.justindurban.com](http://www.justindurban.com)

(music > Listen/download)

I hope this is in the right place, and seeing that there's always a need for this type of 'extra' work and I hope my tunes find a nice little home. I wish you guys all the very best and looking forward to hearing from you. cheers! /justin r. durban ps.. the extremely talented Jisung Roh used my music for his reel and can be found here: [http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=033487](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=033487)

Absolutely Incrediable Music…Truely Inspirational.

Escape

wew hew! Thank you Escape for the response. :slight_smile: I wondered if anyone had even seen this thread.

BUt ya, I know most of you are up and coming along in the VFX world and I would love to help you along the way. And… of course grow right along with as a composer/musician. (or webdesigner if you needed it: www.allmediastudios.com/j2 )

All the best and if you do use some tunes, definitely send me a copy of the reel so I can help promote it as well.

cheers and good luck!
/justin

Mega cool! Did you ever consider making some tracks for smartsound???
Lemo

thanks lemonnado!

I’ve not heard of Smartsound before… What do they do? And do they have a website? Are they a music company?

/j

…is the 4Dimension of the 3D world :wink:
:cool:

They are making a music ‘generator’ which is pretty cool if you have to score something quickly. They use blocks to arrange sequences and now also introduced an editable ‘mood’ line to further adapt the muscal score to the cinematic contents.

Check it out at: http://www.smartsound.com/

You would like to take a look at the sonicfire pro. Theyr demo download is messed up. You don;t get sound files… dohhhh. So go and order the demo cd.

CHeers
Lemo

Ha!! Sounds and ‘looks’ like the dark side to me.

Canned sounds is not really the path I’m going for. I think every project has a heart and soul and is created by an artist to bring it to life. Giving that little extra ‘umphh’ to really make it kick is a key to a great presention or project. I suppose if I were a machine and were just doing music to make money to pay for the bills, I suppose that wouldn’t be such a bad deal. But to get lost with all the hundreds of other composers out there in a makeshift sounds… doesn’t sound fun to me. :slight_smile:

In the full CG world, I feel sound and music is just as important and its always a part of a project people take for granted.

who knows… :slight_smile: Maybe if get to the point of dire need of cash, i’ll sport a few tracks their way and maybe get half of what its actually worth.

yee haw! Score em up fellas and happy hunting. I suppose no matter what you go with, as long as it fits… use it. :slight_smile:

/justin

Excellent work man! I’m not working on a demo reel right now, but I definitely bookmarked your site. You’ve got a lot of great music there, and I can so see it fitting with a lot of 3D reels.

Thanks for sharing your work man, it’s nice to see another form of art outside of 3D. Very cool!

Chad

Still, go and check it out. It’s not as canned as you might expect. And who hates money ;-). And who says you would have to dedicate your life to it either ;-). Otherwise I absolutely agree 100% the a properly scored flick beats everything. But… who can afford that jsut for the enjoyment. However, if I ever have something I would like to show… I’d send you a mail first before I open the can-o-sounds again hahaha.
Lemo

I will be making a demo reel next year! Also a senior thesis, I have to check out this music when I go home sometime.

Heya Edgen,

No problem at all, I had to respond to this awesome music. As said above music makes a project complete…Think of the movie Jaws, (now what would Jaws be without the Duuuuuh…Duuunt…Duuuuuh…Duuunt…Duuuuuh…Duuunt…) or any movie/commercial it just wouldn’t be the same without the feeling added by the musical score.

Great work man,

Escape

escape!! ha!! I always give my terminator example… Duhn duhn da duhn… Duhn Duhn da duhn.

Music to me is key and is definitely underrated. if like the life of an artist… People take our work for granted and they never realize the years and years we’ve put into this stuff to make it the way it is. Half of them always say… and I’m sure all of you have heard it before…

“Dude… I can’t even draw a stick figure”

Again, picking up a pencil to draw isn’t that hard for some of us. Some got it… others like 9-5 jobs and life revolves around sports or which ass to kiss the next day at work.

I actually did look that software over and i have to agree… i don’t think its all that canned. Just a means of helping one out create a better local commercial video who needs baby steps on mapping out a project. Perhaps for those people with a lack of rhythm?

and again, you are right… $$ is $$ :slight_smile:

but ya, I’ll be around for a while. if you guys want to network with me through MyCrackSpace it’s www.myspace.com/edgen just add to the favs so you can check in from time to time. (either that, or i win the lottery and say frak it all. which… won’t happen cause I don’t play the lottery)

cheers!
/justin

I would not say lack of rythm… I’d say ‘lack of everything hahaha’.
I like it becuase it gives me an idea of what I want. Gloomy, cinematic, news anchor like, and so on. Then I can shape my idea with the blocks to a certain point to communicate my idea. And all that within a few minutes. THEN it would be time to involve a pro to recognize what my intentions are and replace the whole track with something professional. However, the result I am getting out of it is alright. Simply having something starting and ending at correct times with a content half way matched to the images is great success. I have no clue regarding composition and instruments and thus have to rely on a tool like that.

What would be a ZBrush equivalent in the music area? I have Adobe audition for some effects but that is probably not suitable for compositions… I use it for game sound effects… But cannot see how I could create a piece of music with it. So there must be a ZB of the audio waves. Some hints would be great!

Cheers
Lemo

zbrush for the audio waves eh? hurmmm… so… fast and easy and fantasticly stunning results?

I think ZBrush is one up on those areas… There are loop based programs out there such as ACID and FruityLoops where you can plug and chug premade sound clips to a scene, but for scoring films completely, I’m a loss there. Its like sending a semi down the freeway without a driver.

I guess i’ve always delt with bigger named programs but I’d imagine there’s something out there that’s fairly cheap and gets the job done. For instance, GPO… www.garritan.com is a FANTASTIC starting tool set on music composition. I thinks its around $250 for ALL the intruments plus a few MIDI sequencing programs. It’s a “start your engine and go” type of thing where you have all your tools laid before you. Much in the same way Zbrush is to say… getting a model ready to be imported into 3dsmax or MAYA for final rendering. You get the details sketched out and perfected and let the bigger jobbers handle the wonderful GI renderings.

hope that helps!
/justin

Looks interesting. I’ll have a look at it. Composing Lemo… brrrrr what a scary thought… Multimedia abuse…
Lemo

Great site & sounds Justin, thanks for the link…:smiley:

hey hey! no problemo! :slight_smile: If you find something you like, feel free to ‘render it with your renders.’ :eek:

Along with my work, i"ve got a huge network of other composers that are dying for work too.

cheers!
/j

I gave up on it for now. I’d rather contact you to whip something up 8-))). The terminology is worse than any other technology area I worked in and it will probably take ages to simply figure out which components fit well to each other. And I thought the 3d guy’s are crazy 8-)))))).
Lemo