ZBrushCentral

Ebook - Photoshop Post Effects for Zbrush Renders [beginners to intermediate]

ebook-image.jpg

http://www.dashdotslash.net/tutorials/Photoshop%20Post%20Effects%20for%20Zbrush%20Renders%20by%20Wayne%20Robson.zip

Photoshop Post Effect for Zbrush renders By Wayne Robson

This is an ebook on applying a whole host of post effect using a combination of Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop. This ebook shows how you can take a standard Zbrush render and turn it into something more appealing to the veiwer. Although the work flow in this book is Zbrush and Photoshop, any 3D application could be used for about 80% of the contents of the book.

This ebook is aimed at the beginner to intermediate user with a basic knowlege of photoshop (ie they can start it and use the menus even if they don’t know what everything is). This is not a book on modelling but rather how to get the very best out of your renders. I’ve tried to keep this book as simple,straight forward and easy to follow as I can.
I hope this of some use to some of you.

Wayne…

PS This is the first in a series of ebooks I’ll be releasing over time. If you need to learn photoshop or have never really learnt it, thers a companion book over at my site for download.

Thanks for all the work…it looks interesting enough…going to read it more lateron. And looking forward to more.

Yainderidoo

Excellent content in this. I’m new in the world of 3D modeling/texturing and realized (even before reading this) that Photoshop was likely going to be part of my workflow. This eBook confirms that.

Thanks for all the work in putting this together.

Now…go and spend some time with the kiddo!!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

• Jeff

It is always reallty help see how other people works.
thank you for for all the time spended and shared with us.

Arturo

Thanks Wayne! Look forward to checking this out!

Now go get some sleep!

jupi, free stuf :] i love free stuf, now you need to pay for everything :confused: thx :smiley:

Thanks everyone, it’s amazing what you find yourself doing when you can’t sleep eh? Glad its of use to some of you, now I’ve just got to work out what to do for my next one;).
Wayne…

I just checked my logs a few moments ago and over 2 days (not counting today) the ebook has been downloaded 352 times! Glad to see that so many of you have found it of use. I’m a bit torn between two subjects for my next one… either one about blendshapes using zb and maya or a one on doing convincing long messy hair in shave and a haircut for maya. Any preferences? Feel free to suggest something else you’d like one on as well.

Wayne…

Yes, thanks for the nice Tutorial!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

thanks for the great tutorial. i’d love the see the blendshape one first.

could you tell me one thing, when you make a color/contrast etc. adjustment in zbrush how do you get that to stay in the image?

Very nicely put together and easy to follow tutorial, Wayne :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
A useful guide indeed; thanks!

Chris

Thanks:+1: I know these must be a lot of work and it is appreciated.

Had downloaded this a few days ago.
Finally had a chance to open it ( had a blizzard here).
Three things.

1. Thank you for taking the time and effort to do this, it
    is appreciated to no end.
  2. Valuable material and hints here ( this is a keeper)
  3. If we are voting , next one should be Maya.
    Once again, sincerest gratitude.

Thanks for all the work. I’m going to download and try it.

read ,brilliant!

I’m glad you found it of use to you. I’ll make the next one a little more maya specific, although as I have prety bad RSI at the mo I’m going to have to wait till that calms down a little before writing it. (or doing any ‘heavy’ modelling). I was suprised to find yesterday that when looking at my logs over 2 thousand people have downloaded this ebook. I never realised so many people would think it would be useful to be honest.

I was halfway through a one of blendshapes in maya a while back, but as a tutorial has already been put up here on that subject I’ll try and find something else that will be equaly useful to zbrushers.

Wayne…

Thanks for your hard work. I am always looking for ways to make my renders better and this is a big help. Thanks again.

JIM

Link to ebook has been removed. Although it is still available (as will future tutorials) through my site.

Wayne…

What’s the difference between and ebook and a pdf file?

Very nicely put together :+1: Thanks for the time you spent on this Wayne.

Bill: An ebook is just a loose definition to describe a file that contains text and/or pictures you would usually associate with printed materials. The format of that file is not important though the Adobe PDF format is the most popular distribution method. Electronic magazines like 2D Artist are also considered ebooks although they do not exist in print. It is just a very loose definition for information distributed in an easy to use package (PDF, DOC, TXT etc).

I would also call the online distributed Game Developer magazine an ebook although you can only access it while connected to the internet.