ZBrushCentral

Eye tutorial using * TextureMaster *

Hi all,
This is the method I used, for creating the eyes for my image “The Fury”.
To see the image >>Click Here

To start ,draw a sphere on the canvas.
Fill it with the your color of choice.

Next: Import the Iris alpha below.
This was created in photoshop ,using niose and radial blur ,on a selected black sphere.

To download :click on the image and press
Save Picture as.

Then drop your sphere into TextureMaster.

In the stroke pallette : as you can see above , select the DragRectangle stroke.
Then with the simple brush.Draw the Iris onto the sphere,with your choice of color.
Make sure the Intensity is high in the draw pallette .I used 100 then snapshot (SHIFT then S on the keyboard) the alpha ,and repeated .

Next: I snapshot the alpha again ,but this time with a darker color (this gives the Iris more depth) ,and went into EDIT/Scale mode (E on the Kboard)drawing it to three quarters the size of the previous Iris.

I took a snapshot of this ,then went to the
Alpha pallette and selected brush 9.
This was dragged out the to the edge of the Iris ,and a dark color was then selected.
Now take a snapshot of this .Next to give a
concaved appearance ,to the Iris .Choose
a slightly darker color than the light color
of your Iris .Pull this out to the outer edge of the dark color ,you have just drawn.
Then go into the draw pallette ,and start to bring the intensity down till you can see the effect take place( also go to the alpha pallette and increase the blur).It should give the Illusion of a dip in the eye,as you can see below,and take another snapshot.

Next : Go into the alpha palette again, and choose brush thirteen .Then choose black for the pupil and scale it down,to the desired size ( make sure this as enough blur on in the alpha pallette ,so it appears to bleed into the Iris.Take a snapshot.
Go back to the alpha pallette and select,brush 5 .In the blur slider ,move it to around 10.Drop the Intensity down ,choose a light color and pull it out to the outside of the pupil/middle of the Iris,this adds to the concave effect.

Finally :Using brushes 23,22 and 8,or what suits your fancy .Add some detail to the Iris
and the eye ball (experiment with the highlighter and other brushes from the TOOL palette),to create diffrent effects .

Alpha brushes used:

Well That’s it !.I hope you can take something from this tutorial ,and add to
your joy of creating with ZBrush … :wink:

Stevie_rae.

<font color="#949494" size=“1”> November 27, 2002 Message edited by: ztevie-rae </font>

Thanks for the alpha and info Stevie. This is a pretty cool method!!!
:+1: :+1: :+1:

:)Great eye tut and a cool alpha as well :sunglasses: :+1: anyone have an extra copy of photoshop :smiley:

THX Stevie… :wink: :+1:

Cool tutorial Stevie !!! :smiley: :+1:
Fantastic way to create an eye bud!!! :wink:

Great tutorial Ztevie!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :slight_smile:

Thank you for this great tutorial, Stevie :+1: :+1: :+1:

thx ztevie-rae
this was a god tut…
:+1: :+1: :+1:

Looks like a good method. I will have to try it on one of my next models. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Nice tutorial–thank you

Great…finally able to make my eyes myself
:+1: :+1:

A belated thank you.
(via Pilou)

Thank’s
Bye
Leo

Hey, thanks! I am always looking for different ways to create eyes. This one gives a lot of possibilities. Wonderful of you to share!

:+1: