ZBrushCentral

Marv - A Tribute To Frank Miller

Hi to everyone! Being the fan of Sin City that I am, I decided to model one of my favorite characters, Marv…which I also used as an excuse to begin playing with Zbrush. I began modeling the base model in 3ds max, after which I added the skin details with Zbrush, although I have a lot to learn about using this amazing tool. I created the textures for the shirt using Photoshop. Afterwards in 3ds max I finished adding the final details like the hair, clothes and bandages on the face. The final render was made using Vray.

I hope everyone likes it and I look forward to hearing your critiques.

![marv_csr.jpg|674x656](upload://sKIxobyoTAd55sbUWdvYRXXbYkm.jpeg)

Looking GREAT!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

Muy buen modelo. El parecido es fantástico.:+1: :+1: :+1:

muy buen modelado. cuando hablas de la textura creada en photoshop, te refieres al alpha usado para dar relieve a la tela, o tu imagen es un render de max con despalzamiento?

Muchas gracias!
Sobre la ropa , hice la textura en photoshop a partir de una imagen de tela corriente, use una variación de la misma (con los niveles más contrastados) para el desplazamiento en max (desplazamiento de vray)

Muchos saludos! :slight_smile:

hey that is serious favourite character right there …keep it up;)

very nicely done, it looks very mutch like the original character, great job man! :+1:

That rocks :slight_smile:

Pretty good. :wink:

just cool…TOP ROW:sunglasses:

I like SIN CITY too, it’s cool to see Marv here :+1:

Excellent work.the pose and model.
Nice:sunglasses:

Incredible work, Carlos! He’s my desktop wallpaper now…:smiley: Can’t wait to see more from you…:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Dickie

wow, great job man!

I’ve been studying Marv’s hair. Nice job; it adds personality. I was trying to figure how to end up with a similar look-- using only ZBrush-- by a 3D noob like me.

1. Does anyone here model hair in ZB, resulting in similar detail?

2. “alancamara’s” use of a subdermal (Cosmonaut/Jordu Schell study) layer adds a lot to reality! Would a “subfollical” layer be possible for hair-- toward more realistic strand tone and refraction differences?

Just blue-sky wondering…

Thanks very much frends! I´m very happy wiht your comments :slight_smile:

:smiley: Nice work…

Carlos…Yeowch! I’m sure even Frank Miller would be knocked on his butt by this endeavor. Well done.

Can’t wait to see That Yellow Bastard! LOL

Cheers,

Jim

Great work, do you think in make a color texture for him?

Best regards.

omg sin city <3 <3 <3

great model