ZBrushCentral

Liquid: New ZPlugin

[attach=26147]liquidBanner.jpg[/attach]

Welcome to Liquid!

Liquid allows you to use ZBrush’s sculpting tools on your texture map or on the unshaded color of your canvas. To enter Liquid , press “L” on your Keyboard or the Liquid button in your ZPlugin’s palette. Liquid will drop your model to canvas and allow you to alter your texture. When you are done either press “L” again or Freeze in the Zplugins palette. Liquid will then pick up your model from the canvas and apply your alterations.

With Liquid you can:

• Use ZBrush's move tool to push and pull your texture.
  • Use ZBrush's pinch brush to pinch in areas of your texture. Also, you can press Alt while using Pinch to enlarge areas of your texture
  • Use ZBrush's smooth brush to smooth out distortions you made.
  • Use ZBrush's morph brush to undo your distortions.
  • View a wireframe of your distortion by pressing View Distortion.
  • Use ZBrush's dynamic levels of resolution to make global or local modifications.
  • Use Fade to fade the effects as the surface turns away from the viewer.
  • Use DoubleSided to project your modifications to both sides of your model.
:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: [Download v2 here](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/attachment.php?attachmentid=28100&stc=1):large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

3/3/06: v2 is released. Fixes some issues people experienced with initializing ZBrush and added two new features: the ability to save out your distortion mesh and to load one back in.

To install, unzip content to your ZStartup/ZPlugs folder. If a ZPlugs folder doesn’t exist just create one.

Press Help in the Liquid interface to learn more. Enjoy and happy Pixoling!!

Ryan

liquidBannerThumb.jpg

Attachments

liquidBanner.jpg

Wooooow - Looks great , i will tested next time -

Z-Anx :+1: :+1: :+1: :wink:

Now this is a plugin that is going to be damn useful for using existing textures you’ve made on new models…in fact thers a whole host of things you could do with it! I was actualy wishing there was soemthing like this a few nights ago, so you must be a mind reader.

5 Stars for making a plug I’ll find really useful! Thanks for spending time to make this.

Wayne…

sounds verry cool, got to testit.
greetingz ever

well works like a dream and best of all easy to use (trust me, your not going to need a manual for this one!). I used it to take a texture fro my bouncer Wip and fit it to this quick sketch. This is going to be one of my favorite plugins. Only problem I came accross was that it mirrored my texture from front of face to the back of the head, but thats no biggy really.

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=257318#post257318

Wayne…

i have some problems: i cannot see the psd buttons (i just see a big “?”) and also zbrush crashes when i initialize the plugin…any suggestion!!! :o

Works fine here great script for fixing UV distortions. RYAN you are soon to be a nominee in the Zbrush Scripting Hall of Fame.

2003 Inductee
Svengali
2004 Inductee
Cameyo
2005 Inductee
Marcus Civis
2006 Inductee?

Andreseloy

Thank you for this plug-in! Haven’t tried it yet, but it looks like fun!

wenna

DarthWayne -
By default double sided projections is on. To turn it off just turn off the DoubleSided button by clicking it till it is no longer orange. Glad you like it. :smiley:

Thanks guys for the kind words. :slight_smile:

Ryan

zzagno - What system are you using? Do you have the LiquidData folder directly under your ZStartup/ZPlugs? What is the exact error it gives you, if any? Can you provide a list of the plugins you have installed?

Ryan

You guys are like the ‘Energizer Bunny’ with these plugins, you just keep going, and going, and going. Many, many thanks! 50.

Many thanks! Gonna try out right now :slight_smile:

E.

Ryan, its good to see this thing in action…Its better than I could have envisioned…have fun in Montreal!

Man, that’s a great addition to PM. Good stuff, Ryan, thanks!

Very nice Ryan; thanks a lot :+1:

I can envisage this plugin having a multitude of delightful purposes, not
least for UV corrections here and there as mentioned earlier…

I gave this a quick going over last night, and all went well, although on
occasion the whole texture seemed to ‘jump’ at each mouse-down /
brushstroke when used on a 3D model :grimacing:

That aside, a great addition to the ever-expanding toolset!
cheers

Chris

This should prove to be quite useful!

Thanks, Ryan!

Dickie

Atwooki - The zscript uses a 3D plane to project the texture back onto the model. If you click on the canvas and not on one of the verticies of the 3D plane you essentially rotate the 3D plane. Does that describe what was happening to you?

Thanks for checking it out. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Thomas - Yeah, I was using the technique in Projection Master first and then was shown how Projection Master does its business and just made Liquid its own little Projection Master. Only for textures though. Zscripting is pretty cool. Once I learned how to use memory block and routines everything went pretty fast. I included the zscript code for those who are interested in. I am a big fan of open source.

I should state here that if it wasn’t for Marcus’, Ken’s and of course Pixolator’s help I could not have got this far! Thank you gentlemen! :slight_smile:

Ryan

Thanks Ryan!

The plugin is so sweet, I’ll probably be using it on a daily basis.