ZBrushCentral

City Generator Ver 1.00

A Random City Generator.

As I mentioned in this thread, http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=32297, this was a ZScript that I’d been working on for a while now. This doesn’t work in the demo version of ZBrush, as of yet.

I think I have it so it finally does something worthwhile.

With this script you can generate a city using buildings that were saved to a file, (Building01.ztl, Building02.ztl, Building03.ztl, and so on, up to Building07.ztl). If you want to use your own custom buildings, make sure to use the same filenames as that is what the ZScript is looking for.

Also, you can generate a futurstic style city as well as a no-frills low-polygon count city made up only of scaled cubes.

Here are a few samples of what it can do:

Futurstic City:

[attach=25876]City.JPG[/attach]

A City Built From File Objects:

City2.JPG

A No-Frills Low-Poly City

[attach=25878]City3.JPG[/attach]

When making your own custom buildings make sure the base of the building is sitting on the origin, like so:

[attach=25879]BuildingBase.JPG[/attach]

Also, make sure the top of the building is facing toward the negative Z axis, (toward you, in terms of ZBrush coordinates), like this:

[attach=25880]BuildingTop.JPG[/attach]

The widest area of any buildings should also be the same size as shown here:

[attach=25881]BuildingSize.JPG[/attach]

All of this is just so any custom made-buildings don’t intersect with each other in the final model.

I also ssigned groups to different sections, so if alignment is off, you can hide the other groups and tweak size and offset amounts in the deformation pallette. I had to jump through some hoops since ZBrush only allows 255 markers at any one time and it doesn’t allow markers on top of one another, so I had to deal with some trial and error in setting up the final polymeshes, so some alignment will probably be necessary.

[attach=25882]BuildingAlign.JPG[/attach]

Just unzip everything into your ZScript directory and load it from the ZScripts menu. Any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

I hope somebody finds this useful, because I exhausted myself working on this. :smiley: I’ll try to do something more relaxing next.

Attachments

City.JPG

City3.JPG

BuildingBase.JPG

BuildingTop.JPG

BuildingSize.JPG

BuildingAlign.JPG

:smiley: This looks really cool. Thanks a ton!

Looks really nice!

Cant wait to try it!

sweet script WngedOne :):+1: I threw it in Bryce to see what a standard procedural looked like on it. Nice work and time well spent.

city1.jpg

hmmmm how the heck do I keep image from showing in second row and still put in post? o well html genius I aint:confused:

Pilou

Use the “ATN” tag instead of the “ATT” tag.

Hey great plug (Rendering C4d)
Bob :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :lol: :lol: Chess.jpg

Thank you!

great job, WingedOne!

this script looks handy :slight_smile:

rookie-z

You’ve just put greeble out of business :wink: Thanks for sharing

Great script! WOHOOOOOOO! Together with the PeoplePoker Script the possibilities are endless…

THANKS!

[city.jpg]
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

WingedOne thanks:+1: for the zplugin. I used the city from file button and added some fog.

cityscape1.jpg

Used a zbrush default texture on this one and fog - Untitled-4 copy

loaded Jason’s sketch shader material for this - Untitled-3 copy.jpg

added a second layer a filled - Untitled-2 copy.jpg

changed the fill texture on layer 2 on this one - Untitled-1 copya.jpg

Attachments

Untitled-4 copy.jpg

Untitled-3 copy.jpg

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Untitled-1 copya.jpg

Hi WingedOne,
cool script !!!

How about your palm 3D application ?

Have a nice day.

cameyo
p.s. thanks for source

Thanks for saving me from pulling out what’s left of the fringe on my head! :smiley:

…function Rezise don’t work for the Demo users (640*480 max) :wink:
Pilou

I’ll see what I can do to accomodate the demo users. :slight_smile:

A cubist’s dream. Thank you oh WingedOne :+1:

cube2.jpg

Having a lot of fun with this, thank you.
Always thought computer graphics were like this
push a button, instant city.

The city in the first scene, when is garbage pick up day?

Playerd withz this little sweet City-script.

THX a lot for sharing @Winged One

[Temple-Island.jpg]