ZBrushCentral

Futuristic City (WIP)

This is the result of a ZScript I’ve been working on for some time now. I had started it a while ago, but it was sitting on my hard drive gathering dust, so I thought I’d brush it off and start cracking at it again.

I was hoping to have the ZScript ready today, but it’s still not ready for “prime time” yet. Hopefully, I’ll be able to post the ZScript sometime tomorrow.

Any helpful crits welcome.

city1sb.jpg

This is very interesting and I look forward to seeing the zscript. I like very much the sense of depth you have achieved and the lighting works well. One suggestion: perhaps a material for the buildings with some bump would improve the sense of scale. There’s just something about them that doesn’t feel ‘large’.

Hi WingedOne, long time no see. Hope all is well.

It is looking good. I had a quick flashback of Syndicate Wars, possibly because of the colors and the lamp posts on the street level. I agree with Marcus, some form of minor details would help with the impression of scale, especially since the towers are up front. I also like the sense of depth caused by the haze although it makes the scene look confined. Perhaps some distant objects and a slight easing of the haze.

Looks like a cool script, I seem to remember you posted a version of this some time ago? Or is my brain on standby again? Looking forward to the script.

Btw, I see you have developed a shoe fetish :lol: I knew there was something strange about you :wink:

Interesting script development.
In 3dsMax there is a GREEBLE plugin which when used judiciously can produce very nice 3d block like building sets in line with what you did here.
I am wondering whether you will have this script produce a mesh by including
“marker” technology so that the endproduct can be used as a full 3d world city TOOL and be exportable? Is it at all possible?

Thanx for you efforts and sharing.

Very nice the way the background color blends…and I second the depth comment. Looking forward to the script.

Word.

Yes, that’s the general idea. :slight_smile:

The details on the building were generated using a displacement map rather than greebling.

I’m not sure if true “greebling” is possible with ZScripting at the moment, as you would need to get access to the vertex coordinates of the mesh. If they do implement this capability in the future, I would suspect that it would be in the Mesh3dGet command.