ZBrushCentral

A Monster

Hi everyone!! this is my second model for my demoreel, its modeled in XSI and detailed (through bump map) in Zbrush. Please let me know what you guys think :slight_smile:
cheers

steve

close up1

close up 2

![monster1.jpg|783x1062](upload://xMsQw5RG3wmqUEWXsBppuZQ3QxL.jpeg)![monster2.jpg|804x1039](upload://qyYdfuoGyPjBGyRFnHvdF0cx7b.jpeg)![monstert4.jpg|830x995](upload://e5nTASZ2iBaPjewz3M14PvLUy0I.jpeg)

Pretty slick man. i dig the fingers pressing into the flesh a lot. not too sure about the color on the teeth looking things. they almost look like cucumbers.

I also really dig the lighting and skin texture.

To me, i feel you could convey a lot more emotion with this guy if the eyes were more apparent. Still rocking though.

nice model man, well executed, there are a few things that from my point of view you could improve, one is the colour of the teeth, is does look like cucumbers right now,i’d make them more teeth feel, but that’s ur choice :slight_smile:
i’m not so sure about that boobies, they feel a bit like “to make the model different i’ll add boobies” without thinking really if they work…
the hands are great man, that’s difficult and u managed to do really nice hands! but in the forearm where it meets the biceps and triceps feels a bit odd, it could have a bit more of work in there…
i’ll try to work a bit more on small modelling details like for example, this character looks quite skinny so in the hips you could create a bit of a bulge cos of the bone ( just subtle ) this kind of thing bring a lot of life to the character…
again try to work a bit more in the shoulder maybe…
And the last thing is the lighting that you have done, i think you could work a bit more on that and get much more from this model

hey have in mind that this are all small things that you could improve to make it better, but right now is a cool model, just constructive criticism, and i also know that when u spend too much time with a model u are just fed up at the end etc… anyway good job man, keep posting!

Hei steven!

I gotta say man, this is definitely one of the very best executed model i have ever seen man! the feeling that this character gives out is really really unbelievably scary and creepy man! Your texture is just as mindblowing man! and knowing that you also design this character from scratch too, man, truly crazy man! i cannot find anything to crits at all! that is perfect man!!!
congratulation man! such a solid solid piece of work steven!

-Fab

Hi Steven,
really amazing work. You skill transforms from 2d to 3d extremely well.
I really like the form of this character.
for crit: I agree with the teeth color, they look like cucumber.

Awesome job!

HB

Some seriues nice details and textures on this char…
I love the whole packedge so keep up this GREAT work!:+1:

OK, this fella needs to see my wife and friends. They can help with a little dental reconstruction. Sheesh!

Nice work. Some of the suggestions are ok, but stick to what you were going for, this is at least unique. Far too many copies of everything under the sun.

I do see that the moment in time doesn’t seem to convey much, perhaps that is what needs to be addressed most. Static poses are always a pain this way. :wink:

Oh yeah - I like it! :wink:

wonderfull work love

Whoa dude - get this guy a dentist :laughing: Great detail :+1: My only suggestion would be - give it a touch more lighting and ambience to let your work show and I’d really like to see what he is reacting too to give the piece a story. The wrinkles and anatomy are awesome :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: I also agree that a more realistic material and texture on the tusks would add a lot to it.

this model creeps the hell out of me. looks like the fangs of a spider, or like she’s gonna transform into one. i want to squish! excellent job on the modeling and the lighting though.

is there a backstory to this character?

They are obviously spider like chelicera ,and I think that they are really creepy and disgusting. Great model I love the way the hands are digging into the flesh. From the work that you have posted I think that you have a really good design sense and a great future ahead of you. Keep up the great work
mm

this kicks ass! Don’t worry about the cucumber things, people are scared because it is a little original. Would love to see other works from you. Love it :smiley:

Hmmmm what do I think???

Well I think this is f**king awesome, the teeth thing just adds to the weirdness, love the pose & colour palette too, this simply rocks…:+1:

hmmm…dig this werk, steve…maybe add a little push/pull contrast in the pose
by slightly outstretching chelicera army-things as if they are ready to latch on
to something even tho character is defensively retracting?

just a thought :slight_smile:

well done!

rookie-z

Qué color, que piel más blanda y asquerosa. Te lo has currado tío.:+1: :+1: :+1:

Hi~ dude.
I like your colour on your model. that’s your unique character.
No doubt . awesome :+1:

Myungsu

–E-- hey thanks for the advises, i agree with you on the eyes, it might have been better if i gave it more humanoid yes i think (right now the eyes are inspired by spiders, it is a bit harder to convey emotions)

metamesh cheers man! thanks for the CCs, i have updated the tusks’s color(they are spider chelicera in my original design), as for exegrating the boneiness of the body, i totally agree with you, the only reason that i didnt do it is because i pretty much modeled the body of a set of photos of this skinng mid age woman (i thought it would be a good excersicefor me :)) again thanks for the ccs :slight_smile:

fabianloing yo man!! thanks alot for the kind words man!

pummumu thanks alot dude, looking forward to meet you in 2 weeks :slight_smile:

Artmarqy thanks alot man, its actually the first time i textured a model outside of class (the only textures i have done before that is an excercise at school)

Jason Belec cheers man! the freezed in time thing is hard for me, its the first time i tried to have a “complete” piece so hopefully i will improove in the future :slight_smile:

hypnotik thanks love :slight_smile:

Blaine91555 thanks for the comments

industripop heeheeeee, i am glad it scared you, the purpose of this model is to create an uneased feeling for the viewr, as far as back storyies, when i designed this guy i havent thought too uch about what he is other than he is this insect hybrid guy, scared and tortured, not powerful or dangerouse but quite pittiful, but what he is NOT i am very certain, he is not an alien, he is not an zombie/devil thing. i know the concpet is somewhat weird and wold not be accepted by everyone, i am really happy that you liked it :slight_smile:

MonsterMaker WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!! YOu have no idea how much it means to me to see your reply in my thread!!! HUGE FAN of your works!!! Its SOOOO awsome that you can tell that the mouth pieces are spider chelicera. thank you sooo much for the encouragements!!! i will post the concpet i drew for this guy tomoro.

eggsrgood, Buckie thanks for the kind words guys!

rookie-z thanks for the ccs, i hope in the future i can grasp the push and pulling better.

saltapiedras cool…i will get the spanish doods in my classs to translate this for me :slight_smile:

oilcolour thanks man…you know we 3d55 modelers cant do it with out your help, school should pay you for introducing Zbrush to us!

updated chelicera!!

[](http://student.vfs.com/~3d55steven/monster5.jpg)![monster5.jpg|753x1020](upload://hIna1M7Oj2ZPDRV8SbbDgCsd25.jpeg)

I appreciate your imagination. This is a top row work indeed! I only can’t understand whether this is a male or female creature.

actually I was gonna say leave the chelicera the way they are…love the pic…very creepy cool, very original…

but I think I like the change you made better…it fits better I think with the overall color of the pic now and adds more to the creepy atmosphere thing ya got going on!!

Great job! Can’t wait for your next project!

hey hey steve, that’s incredible:sunglasses: :+1: :+1: