ZBrushCentral

New Site / New Demo Reel UnderWorld Evolutions

Hey all wanted to show my new site and New demo reel, including all the work i did on UnderWorld Evolutions. #1 at the box office

I post this on Zbrush Central because the werewolves and the wings amongnst other things in the film were modeled and textured by me in Zbrush.

CLICK HERE to view my new site.
CLICK HERE to view my new reel.
AND MAKE SURE YOU SEE THE REEL not just the static images…

Hope you guys like it. The Pixologic team has send us a Q&A, as soon as it is ready you’ll be able to see even more…exciting Zbrush stuff :slight_smile:

Miguel

![ZBC6.jpg|892x351](upload://5ZcOHGAacKjUj3hQkgsKVevLbQM.jpeg)![ZBC5.jpg|892x351](upload://defGq9ksyY1D9QMHUH6aCxfBv8T.jpeg)![ZBC4.jpg|892x351](upload://vmRtAbfrWSU0bKWhCqyBFnURMS1.jpeg)![ZBC3.jpg|100x76](upload://gkdweO02b0pc4eksKX7nV1g6yMa.jpeg)

OMG! takes of his hat aah we got ourself a celeb artist in the building :laughing:
Awsom and Great work! Cant wait to see the movie btw!
Hope to learn from your technieks aswel someday:+1:
Keep up this GREAT work!!!:sunglasses:
Great site watching your Demoreel right on this moment! :wink:
Hope to do work like you someday!:wink:

EDIT:
loved your Demo reel!..really nice weldone creatiors you have made!
I wonder how you succeeded in animate those creatiors so lifelike! (or is it motionbuilder? Wich is a great program also, animation made easy ;)) oooh and by all means i LOVE that last shot in your demo where his head was cut off! Lmao! have to see this movie!You  have done great work!:D

why not take the instant opportunity to ask you this:
   From start to finish where these models you did for Underworld long to make?
   Can you show us some wireframes from all your creatiors you did for this movie?...And maybe tell us something about the workflow you have done to get this creatiors up and running for this movie? ideas...concepts.. ..animations. etc.
   Thank you in advance!:D

wow!! My favorite movie! Can’t wait to go see this one! Did you also work on the first one? This is just awe-inspiring! (is that a word?) anyway, all of the models and action is just fantastic!!! Congratulation on a big success!

wenna

amazing stuff. Can I ask a few questions.

1. How long have you been doing 3d for?
  2. Do you have any advice for aspiring 3d artists? :smiley:
  3. What’s the best way to get your reel to the rigth person?

Thanks for sharing, great stuff.

Speechless :grimacing: . Real talent :+1: . Real Job :sunglasses:.
Hope to see more posts from you soon, also, would love to see the meshes you started with if possible.

good work miguel… :lol:

Yeah man really nice job! It’s really nice to have Hispanic Artist doing great artwork.

Miguel te felicito por tu éxito! Me imagino que será tremenda experiencia poder trabajar en un estudio y hacer un buen trabajo para una pelicula. A mi me gusta mucho modelar, pero me gusta mas hacer esculturas o maquettes de characters que dibujo. Bueno Miguel que tengas exito!

Javi el Boricua! jejeje :smiley:

5 Stars just doesn’t seem enough for this work does it? But here they are anyway.

The ironic thing is that I watched underworld 2 just last night. So it was a pleasant suprise to see the stuff that I liked the most (FX wise) was done by you. Top quality work without a shadow of a doubt, although I have a feeling that the craven decapitation wil be following you round for years to come. Its a real shame that you don’t have a DVD out to show your workflow and modelling style. I’d buy it in a heartbeat, and I have a feeling that I’m not alone .

Normally I sort of get put off threads that promote a new film or game but as this work is of such a high quality I don’t thnk anyone here would begrudge you top row. It showcases the best that both Maya and Zbrush have to offer, and I have a feeling more than a few sales will be made on the strength of Underworld.

I have a feeling that we’ve just seen the birth of another major name in 3D modelling. One thing I loved is that you added only detail that people would actually see. In that you didn’t model every pore and tiny wrinkle in a short shot, because to be honest no one except a modeller is going to be looking for them anyway. Did you do all the maps in zbrush as well as the displacement map? (Spec etc). Also did you use the ZATT plug for the displacement setting in maya (as I found that they were a little off for stuff I do) or reset them by hand?

God damn it that bar just keeps on rising round here doesn’t it?:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne…

woow freaking nice!
Di you made those creatures???

thanks guys for the kind words… most of you r answers can be read about here: http://www.vfxworld.com/?sa=adv&code=319b255d&atype=articles&id=2761&page=1

yes i modeled the wings and the Werewolf, Kraven Digital Death double, CG Chopper…and a few other things…

No theres no DVD that im making at the time but i am teaching a course on Zbrush at Gnomon School of VFX, which will have a veeeeeeery strong focus on using this for feature film characters.

i will be posting more info on the approach to this work later…i gotta work… :slight_smile:

pfffFFFFiiiioooouuuuuuuhhh…

Damn I wish I could work on such a project one day…:cry:

Really amazing work bro.

WOW! :grimacing:
Your previous models were great but those are damnnn greaat!
I want to see this movie as soon as possible!

AMAZING! Abso-freaking-lutley AWESOME… nuff said. I wish I wasn’t in the military because I’d sign up for your course at Gnomon in a HEARTBEAT. Fantastic work… Bravo!

another omg! Beautifully inspired work:D

W :grimacing: W That’s AWESOME!!!

good job, i just saw this movie. I would give my first born to go to the gnomon school. i dont see it happening anytime soon, so i have to settle for the dvd… I just checked out the aaron sims xsi/zbrush modeling vol 1.

great work! this film got me excited. the flying of markus is killer. i enjoyed that alot!

Hey Elfufu.
I am from Australia and Underworld; Evolution has currently being showing for just over a week now. I managed to see it yesterday with a mate of mine.

I must tell you the work you have done with the movie is fantastic. It really helps the movie a great deal in its ‘feel’ and ‘atmosphere’.

Congratulations. I particularly loved Marcus’s character in Bat-Hybrid form. Very cool, very creepy :p, and hings wings are absolutely marvellous!! Honestly…I loved the way he would not only use them to glide and fly but also as weapons.

Very Cool.

Gotta love that decapitation! Even better in high def!

Love the movement of the wings closing up…whoever did that part of the ani did a fantastic job.

Great work all around it seems!! Congrats on the #1…well deserved!!