ZBrushCentral

Creature Modeling- "Crossed Paths"

Hi everybody, I just registered to the forum! :slight_smile: I will implement z-brush more and more in my workflow and I thought it would be a good time to register. I have an image to share entitled “Crossed Paths”, inspired by Aaron St. Goddard’s concept of the “Oolox”, which is the big beast on this image. Little ZBrush work was done, in fact, I just did the base of the texture with it, the rest was done in photoshop.

You can view a hi res image here: high resolution. I also did a very brief overview of the project.

Oolox_Overview_Page1.jpg

Attachments

Oolox_Overview_Page2.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page5.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page4.5.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page4.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page3.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page3.5.jpg

Oolox_Overview_Page5.5.jpg

don’t need much words…wow.

Super great, really… there’s something more intense in this pict, that talk to me… its deep and looks truly emotive !
Thank you for sharing!
Salut !

:lol: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

WHOA!!! this is way awesome 5 Stars annd top-row material!!

This is one I will have to study over and over again! Thanks for sharing. I really admire the whole piece, even the snow leaves me entranced with how well done it is!

Super!

5 stars!
-Andy

:+1: :+1: Nice color for the eyes,
:+1: :+1: :+1: good modeling.
Thanks for the Walk thru links!

Genial.:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Pierre,

Arresting image! AND… an excellent set of work-product images, too.

Thanks for the look inside.

Sven

Great Great Image :slight_smile:

Def. Top Row

Tells a good story, poor little wolfy

I love the Giant’s weapon, Rock tied to a rope :stuck_out_tongue: simple but effective… Ouch!!

great work BlackNull !!
I followed your WIP in cgtalk, you have done a great work !
congratulation, top work :+1:
5*

you have got some SICK work on your website!! great modling skills on display there. i wish i knew what the hell i was doing when polymodeling. i just end up getting frusterated and tired. :cry:

Awesome job, like smileman said it is very emotive, It looks like he or IT just finsihed a big day of work and is coming back home with today’s… “work” I thought of something that might just add a little more to it, just by adding some “steam”? vapour? from his mouth or nose, not sure how to say it in english, its just like he finished the whole day of work at that exact moment.

sorry if it’s not very clear.

Great job!

Wow, thanks for posting, great image .
I am also glad that I can get an insight into another XSI users workflow, Being new to Xsi,every little bit helps!!!
PATTON

saw this on the Tweak forums, lots a talent here. Can imagine you’ll be on the top row any minute :smiley:

Great model and render…but with Zbrush you can now spend lesser time on the base-mesh and more time detailing the model in Zbrush !

jantim

this looks really great man. The texturing and the modelling are beautiful. As for a critique, I have to say the pose could possibly be improved a bit. The weight seems just a little even? its hard to say? Also the left bicep seems like it should be under a bit more strain from the weight of that wolf thing.

Really outstanding stuff though…I saw your progress at CGtalk, really top notch.
-tiktok

Very welldone image!
Keep up this GREAT work! :cool:

WOW guys, I didn’t expect so many messages! Thanks for passing by and leaving your mark, I’m eager to share more work in the future! I didn’t realize the upload feature of the forum, but now it’s fixed and easier to view. :smiley: I’m working on another take of the image that I will share with you guys as soon as it’s done.

Second post on ZBC! now we’re talking:D

IEU4Ustudio: Thanks for your idea, it makes perfect sence. I’m rendering a much higher res of the models to submit it to exposé4 as well as testing out an overcast sky for the background. I will test out your idea as well.

jantim: Yup! I’m now working on a new head and will be focusing a lot more on ZBrush, should be fun!

tiktok: I keep your comments in mind for my next projects as I will not be touching the pose anymore to move on to other things. Thanks for your thoughts!

Nice character and composition. :wink: