ZBrushCentral

Intel Macs & Windows Vista

What is your opions of Apple going Intel and Windows pumping out Windows Vista Out maybe this year?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/default.mspx

If both companies were smart, I’d like them to actually work with each other so the machine can dual boot with very little performance issues. If anything, this will give Microsoft a machine that will be pretty much standard across the board, so they should be able to make it run pretty good. And Apple will make a few customers happy allowing them to run Windows as well as Mac OS X.

I’m looking forward to the dual boot capabilities myself. I’m waiting before I buy though, that way I’ll know for sure if it’s even possible.

It has been rumored that you may be able to run the new intel version OS X on a pc. As for windows on an apple according to what I have seen on online news reports “No Word Yet”.

I do not have an apple but was thinking about getting one as a second computer since more and more the other members of the house hold are using the only one we have. Only thing that makes me think twice is buying Mac versions of my loved software or finding good alternatives.

One thing I have been looking for is a zbrush Win and Mac bundle. I know Corel painter comes with both, but no Paint Shop Pro as yet.

Well Vista will still take pretty long before its here… it looks like it is going to be a memory hog though… haven’t really seen any really revolutionary improvments also most innovative technologies where removed from development :o

Though the switch to 64 bit will definitly have a big impact on the development of drivers and software :+1: I think i read somewhere that only one version of 32 bit will be released.

On the mac if i enough cash i probably buy one… for now they are too damn expensive and there are still software that will not run on it. Also for me a big drawback is that you have to go to the applecenter if something is wrong with it. Now i can break the case open and fix it myself ( fast and cheap ) :slight_smile:
Though these new macs look delicious :smiley:

It seems to me that virtually every version of windows requires you to just about double your spec to work. I don’t really want an operating system that look prety but uses about a gig of ram to run without anything else. I have to admit I’ll be keeping my eye out for the google operating system and PC released later this year (so I’ve heard).

I still run 2k sp4 as its more stable and doesn’t look like a childs toy on start up. Who in god designed the default Xp wallpaper and that awful blue theme? Has he been shot yet and if not why not? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wayne…

MacOS X on a regular PC. Yesssssssssssssssss.
Just to get rid of the trojan horse MS calls Operating System.
Unfortunately ZBrush is not there for Linux 8-(.
Lemo

[QUOTE=]Who in god designed the default Xp wallpaper and that awful blue theme? Has he been shot yet and if not why not? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [/QUOTE]I will admit the default XP look is horrible. I prefer the silver look myself.
All in all I like XP but not until I got my Emachine and put a 1gb of ram in. The only other computer I own was a dell laptop with ME. I put XP on it ran better but not good.

I tryed a Mini Mac at best buy when they had them. Thats when the bug hit to get a Powerbook. Anybody use zbrush on one of these laptops?

lemonnado you might not be to run certain older Mac software on the Intel version of OS X and Intel Macs. If you do it might be bogged down becuase of an emulater (did not spell that right!) I am not sure though, will have to want until either the 6th of this month or June 6 to actually have the machines available.

If that is the case I hope the makers of zbrush are in the works of making a Intel mac version.

Apple has stated that Mac OS X will not run on any other Intel based PC. There system will be the only one that will run it. However, they have stated that if Microsoft wishes to have Windows run on the Intel based Macs, they will not stop them.

Apple won’t release OS X for the PC world. At least not yet. The build of OS X that everyone is “testing” is a developer version, which was released on dev kits that do not have Apple’s final hardware design, which OS X will require in the final release of the OS and hardware.

Apple has stated that Mac OS X will not run on any other Intel based PC. There system will be the only one that will run it. However, they have stated that if Microsoft wishes to have Windows run on the Intel based Macs, they will not stop them.

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0506intelmac.html

This is just a thought…
Say you where shopping for a new computer. You had a choice of Dell, Alien, Emachine, gateway, HP or a Intel Mac.

The new Intel Macs not only run OS X but windows XP perfectly. I would choose the Mac with both operating systems. Apple is smart for holdong out on a OS X that runs on PC. What computer buff that uses both OS X and XP would not buy a machine that can do both.

Yup. May need to buy some Apple stock shortly. :smiley:

Ditto’s to DarthWayne.

One thing that always irritates the snot out of me is that with every new version of Windows that comes out, you end up having a dozen or more processes to shut down and you need a more powerful system to handle all of the unecessary clutter.

I’m a power user myself. I don’t care for fancy ( or 3D ) desktops or stupid animals that pop up to insult my intelligence evey time I want to search for a file.
I’d like a system that has better maintainence tools to keep my OS clean and running good. I also don’t want uneeded processes or programs cluttering up my hard drive and sapping my performance.

As far as Mac goes, I’m not really impressed with it. I use a G5 everyday at work, but the PC I built at home runs better and is faster.
Anymore, everyone I talk to who uses a Mac has the same main reason for keeping with it. They say because they don’t have all the virous or trojan problems that PC users do. That may be true ( for now ), but considering that evey time you want to buy a part to upgrade, you have limited places to go and you pay what they want or you don’t get it.
Availability of software is another thing. Every tech forum you go to, you see the same postings “What about us Mac users”.

I suppose the inclusion of Mac and PC’s was bound to happen sonner or later. I just hope they take the best of what both have to offer to come up with an operating system and/or puter that runs good and is affordable.

Then again, seeing that each other are trying to mimic one another doesn’t do well for the competition.
It would be the same if Intel and Amd started merging their technologies. Competition and “one upmanship” is always a good thing for us consumers.

Well although XP us not as secure as linux/os x… the problem with virusses spyware is 99% PEBKAC (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair)

I have not had one virus or spyware on my system for over 3 years… just use a decent browser (firefox & opera) and virus scanner (nod32) and don’t do any stupid things as run that .pif file that comes on your mail from your nigerian friends and youll be fine :slight_smile:

I am currently running windows 2003 server (tweaked for workstation http://www.msfn.org/win2k3/ ) and find it a little faster than XP (even on my notebook), I hate all eye candies so turned them off. If I had the chance to run MacOS-X on my PC hardware I would surely go for it but I believe it won’t be possible for the next 1-2 years…
For those who are maniac about optimizing Windows (but also for those who can read fast and pick just what they need, as I did) here is a good companion: http://www.tweakguides.com/TGTC.html
Hope this helps

There Here!

Hi guys!

I’m new here but surely stay because Zbrush. :wink: Because it’s perfectly unique.
But regarding OS-X…

I am win user ordinary ('cause my tools using) but also developing and doing administration tasks on my Debian web server also.
I tried that OSX86 dev. version on my PC just because the feeling and I have to tell that is a real operating system about I was dreaming before. It is not comparable to any MS opsys. :confused: Not mainly about feeling of the user but because its built in possibilities based on Unix.
Must known about a nicely progressing Linux project named Wine that is a (almost) complete adaptation of Windows API. It is able to run any windows application natively (without emulation) on Unix based platforms.
Those nice gentlemen in the OS-X86 project are building their implementation under the name of DarWine.
Could you imagine what if your favourite windows tools can run with full power on a MacIntel?? :rolleyes: (I’ll have some PCs in the second row.) :smiley: