ZBrushCentral

Monstermaker,ZBrush,One year

Hi all, One year ago today I played with ZBrush for the first time. One year ago this month I made my first post on this forum , or for that matter on any forum, and it was of Frankenstein’s monster . Since I started 05 with frankenstein I figured that I would end 05 with frankenstein and post it in `06 on the day that I first got ZBrush. So here it is, hope you like it, I think it is better than the first one that I did still not as perfect as I would like it to be so I’ll work on it some more, but I wanted to post it on this special day for me.
mm frankenstein 12.05.jpg

1 Like

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: Wonderful!!..I’m a fan of your pictures Monstermaker…everything looks real in this picture :+1: :+1: :+1:

Great work as always! ( don’t worry it’s perfect enough!)
Patton

Great job!!
Keep practicin’ :smiley:
Happy New Year

Are you the same Rick Baker of Thriller and American Werewolf fame?
If so, you are a genius already!
I just looked at the wip for this today, and I and everyone else have appreciated the time and effort.
This pic is amazing - so much expression in the face and eyes - I love it.
I hope one day that I can achieve about 1% of your ability - with help from pros like yourself, who knows.
Keep it up and enjoy your day!

Vunderbar. Looks great. I also wish I could attain a small %age of your skill. And to get to that level in a year is pretty good. Well done.

MM,
Your a constant inspiration to me, and one of the reasons I keep trying to perfect some of my skills in ZBrush. Any time, any post is always a welcomed edition to my day!

Dang thats sweet looking modeling MM.:+1:

Ya, you need to keep practicing!! :smiley: No for real -AMAZING, definitely got a handle on Mr.Frankenstein. Those eye-lashes look real. Cheekbones, mouth, eyesockets, brow-all look dang good.

Chawdog

Looks GREAT Rick! :+1:
By chance, did you use Modo for any of it?

-R

he looks sad :cry:small_orange_diamond:cry:small_orange_diamond:cry:small_orange_diamond:cry:

he looks ready to chase Abbot and Costello.
that is crazy good stuff!!!

WOW

I just started zbrush about a week ago, what an incentive!

Thanks for the inspiration :smiley:

Nice to see you back Monster Happy new year!
Wonderfull rendering of your frankenstein monster…

…a BOMB, MonsterM:sunglasses: :+1: :+1:
…supercool…
…and PF2006:D

Great work, as always, and thanks for sharing and being an inspiration to all ZBrushers. :+1:
I hope 2006 is a great year for you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,

congrats! looks like a photoshoot for the cover of his memoirs :slight_smile: :+1:

greets
froyd

I was hoping that Frankenstein on the top row was yours Rick. Really nice, the subtlety of the skin texture is beatiful, I wish I had the patience for that sort of thing. How did you end up doing the hair & DOF?

Good God, Rick, I thought it was a photo for a minute. Just outstanding! As usual…:smiley: Gonna learn a lot from this guy. By the way, how did you do his hair?

Hope this year is a good one for you,

Dickie

hey mm, nice work there. a lot of photorealism going on there so I have to ask, is it all zbrush or are we seeing a little photo merging going on too? Neverthelss, fantastic work mate, very life-like.