New Member Follow User Gallery

Default Kissass

Aside from the incredible likeness I hope that people notice the 10% extra that make the image really great. The short depth of field out of focus cheek really makes you think of photos from the 30s when film speeds were like 10 ASA.

Impressed as always.

I agree with willis on the depth of field, really nice touch, tha frankenstein rocks dude, holla!

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

If you want this Mac Zapplink fixed, maybe you could send a PM to Aurick or post this particular question in the troubleshooting forum ?

Good luck with that problem !

Bye !

Wink Like always...

As always an outstanding peace of emotion. I don't want to speak about technical things or details. I want just to speak about THE EMOTIONS u r able to blow out in a pic. Everytime a see a pic of you...i see emotion in the eyes of your creature. A lot of people r able to do really well done meshes and details whit zb. Less persons r able to make thing like you.

Hope to see more...and please....if u make a video tut or a z recorded session from starting to finish....i think everyone here will be more happy.

Cheers from italy.

Hi, Mr. Baker.

My name is Eduardo Schaal I'm a concept designer who lives in Brazil.

I´m a great fan of your work as a special makup artist since 1984 when I saw American Werewolf in VHS (for me it's still the best werewolf design and transformation of all time).

I was 13 years old and I started to seek for movies that your work before that one (the low budget ones like the Melting Man and It´s Alive per example) and to follow your career after that point and watch the Oscar prizes coming for a lot of amazing creations in design and technical achievements in make up fx of you and your studio.

I saw a making of (I think it was in a MIB DVD, Im not sure now) with you doing a concept of a creature in Photshop in a notebook, and I thougt "Oh, man, this guy is doing things in CG now... very cool."

Now, I'm very glad to see your amazing work with z-Brush and your excitement with the new tools of CG3D, and I hope to see more of your creations in practical make up FX in cool movies and your digital projects creating life.

Its Alive!!

Cheers from Brazil

(and sorry for some mistakes in my English writing)
    Eduardo Schaal
    Concept Artist
    Trattoria Filmes
    www.eduardoschaal.com

Willis and Beelow, thanks but the depth of field was the easiest thing to do on this it's just a blur filter.
    Ron thank for the month late birthday wish nice to hear from you
    Davlin, I tried the troubleshooting forum maybe I'll do the Pm route
    Eidan, my new Italian friend thank you for your kind words they mean a lot to me
    Eduardo Schaal, my new Brizalin friend thank you too. Your english is much better than mine.
    Actually I have been designing on the computer using photoshop for about 17 years since PS1.0
    The next movie that I have work in is a film called Click. It is not fun monster stuff but some age make-ups that I am really proud of.
    Drummer and Seb great to hear from you guys again you both have been doing great stuff
    Thanks again to everyone
    mm

Quote Originally Posted by monstermaker
    ...I kind of thought that it was time to move on to something else for a while.
    I wanted to teach myself more 3D apps since I has so much fun with ZB.
    Welcome back, MM and great work .

(Entering Al Pacino mode)... No matter how hard you try to get out, ZBrush will keep pulling you back in.
    Last edited by WingedOne; 01-05-06 at 06:48 AM.
    The direction of companion mind should cooperate with rescue at lighting of a red lamp,or a buzzer. Please give me connection from a nearly extraordinary telephone.

Default THAT classic still rendition!

OK, it's getting on for 5 months since I was able to visit this site for one reason and many more, but,Jeeeez!
    Being a Classic fan, I know that publicity shot oh, so well from which you based your Karloff monster. Honestly folks, I know you lot are z-brush nuts and you are right,it is an inspirational piece, but from a classic movie buff point of view, that is freaking AWESOME! Rick, I know you are a fellow fan of the oldies and, yeah I know we should expect it from you anyway, but, you really have captured the whole likeness/ambience of the '31 shot.
    Beautiful!

How strange .. you can hardly see the eyes, and yet they're so expressive. Beautiful work, and welcome back.

Thanks Moochie, and Creighton Tull for the nice comments
    Wing One, this is the Island where all of the worlds monsters are kept ,it's called monster island. I love that movie.
    This image that I'm posting is by no means a finished work but I thought it was interesting. It has a kind of sss look to it and it is all just the basic shader. I'm sure someone has done this before but I didn't know about it. I was just messing with all of the different things that you can mess with in the basic shader and I saw this thing called Occlude Ambient and rendered one pass with that , basically with the lights turned off and another more regular pass and composited them in PS and it turned out like this. I think it has a cool fake sss look to it the only problem is you can't see any of the detail. I thought I would share it fake sss.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

Yeah, it's a shame the detail's lost.
    The fake SSS is nice, I can't stop looking at the ear. (Is that weird?)

Maybe even more interesting results can be achieved with a little tweak on the composite. Still does very good for a cartoony effect of sorts...maybe tweaked saturations with dif apply modes. Shame bout the details. Keep on trucking/posting.

hey monster--
    some really great stuff in that first render...would've thought it was a still taken directly from the original movie...and a zbrush render?...really nice work....especially the hair...not to mention the expression.

you keep getting better and better...
    ambient occlusion is really fun to play with too. especially in other apps...

it works especially well for interior environments...:P
    -tiktok

Just too cool to see someone so famous taking time to discuss with all of us...

It would definitively be great to organise some chatting room on zbrush central!
    Sébastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

to be honest... i have no idea who you are but, this is excellent work.

i'll do a google.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast