ZBrushCentral

dark elf project....

…Hum…started a new character wich purpose will be to learn skinning rigging and animation’s realated stuff…so i first did a ugly monster see thread here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=31133

but thought that rig and animate that thing was a bit silly for a beginer (and it wasn’t ideal for it anyway…)
so i quickly started a charater that turned into an elf…a dark elf as i will make him (or try at least) mean …ill be working on him during my spare time so update might take a while and im learning as well :slight_smile:
iHe is on preliminar stage where im trying to get the forms and masses corrects and suiting for animation (as i can guess them )
the idea is doing a high rez mesh in ZBrush, then creating an animation ready version in maya…adding armors and the like and starting the rigging of that buddy…anyway, here is the first “sketch” of his head…
Crits welcome …
Abe

darkELF01.jpg

Wow the realism is almost confronting! - in a good way :slight_smile: - Exellent work! There are a few area’s of concern :

The nose - I think it could be left just the way it is - however, I would personally provide it more structure, defining the cartlidge, soft skin better.

The eyes - I think are obvious points of conern.

Thats about it for now - looking back on your gallery, I did have more comments, but I decided not to add them until you’ve worked on the piece alittle more :slight_smile:

Kircho

tx for the coment…ive been reworking the eyes a little bit but for now, i dont want to focus to much on the head, ive sorted the main froms and will do the same on the rest of the body before concentrating on specific areas…but i see what you mean :wink:

looks cool make it darkpurple skinned with lavender eyes also white hair
here we have drizzt do urden :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

here’s a quik update …for the skin color, i was thinking of a dark pale blue but will look at it at a later stage…wont be able to work on it till after new year though so by then might change my mind :wink:
just like the head, a quik sketch of the torso…wil do the same with arms legs and start refining my design, giving him his final look and then putting the details…
Enjoy

darkELF02.jpg

and another without the skin shader to have a better idea of the volumes…

Wonderfull! - Beginner in the 3d CG world but by no means a beginner to the crafts of the visual arts - I’m sure?

If such is the case may I ask what line of thought - methodology - you follow to produce your models?(not asking for tut, or step by step)

Kircho

Looking forward to when you color this one

thanx Kircho…
ive been working in the video game industry for some time now…the last game ive been working on was Pgr 3 on x360…so not really a beginner in the cg world but definitly in the character world :wink:
ive not being doing characters for long, and i realise that I like it a lot. I used to draw only characters so i guess it helped…lots to learn though…

concerning my workflow, as you can imagine, not very exiting or organised…i usualy start with a base mesh in maya …placing the main shapes and right props (legs arms head etc…) …then start usualy by the head (this is where the design takes shape as well…from a dark elf to monsters like the one on the other thread…i put the main muscles, trying not to define them too much at the beginning (using some ref like statues is very helpfull)…maining for the simplest forms that gives you the best looking at the begining is what i think help the most…not focusing in a specific area is definitivly something to consider…refining the character in diferent category,head, torso, legs arms…when the main shaps are made and weight added to them…
Nothing new or revolutionary then but hope that helps :wink:

InvisibleGenie: me too !)

So far, so good. I like your crazy monster too.
Keep us updated.

abe_Tamazir I’m even more impressed! - Thanyou. I can extract from the info you provided the information I was looking for.

Kircho

im happy if ive been of any help :wink:
see u in january :slight_smile: