ZBrushCentral

I give up! How to do that!?

First sorry for my english :wink:

I`ve searched internet, forums, read tutorials, watched videotutorials and I`m desperate :( I have a space ship which I want to texture. I`ve tried Bodypaint 3D but when I save texture and import it to 3dsmax7 everything is wrong placed. I`ve watched video presentation of ZMapper and I`ve thought: That`s it! Ok, I`ve spent one day with this app and I`ve discovered how to import model! Yeah, just one day ;) Now when I open ZMapper it work with 0,4 FPS! Why? ZBrush works perfect and smooth but ZMapper doesn`t. Altought it works somehow I can`t paint any texture. When I click UVMorph it breaks the object for over 2000 separate triangles. Each triangle is the same as other. They are placed in rows and columns just how array in 3dsmax does. I hope anyone know how to do that. I need just two maps - diffuse ans bump.

The problem is in your UV mapping, which is why you had trouble in Body Paint, as well. Your model must be UV’d correctly before you will be able to successfully do anything texture-related.

Well, I`ve aplied UVWMap to my object (mapping type BOX) and there is some change. Now I have triangles and some square shaped areas. But how I will draw on it!?

When exporting from Max, make sure to use these settings from the FAQ>Other Applications>3D Studio Max section here at ZBC. That way, the UV’s will export correctly.

Next, use Projection Master to paint your texture. It has a built-in tutorial to help get you started. Click the ? icon in the lower corner of the Projection Master panel to run it.

That`s what UVMorph does. How I will draw on it? I export from 3dsmax correctly. And I apply GUVMap before I open ZMapper.

Why there`s no any tutorial about this on internet!?

Attachments

uv.JPG

“Why there`s no any tutorial about this on internet!?”

ZMapper is not an interface that allows you to draw textures. You are fundamentally misunderstanding the plugins role.

But I`ve heard ZBrush can do this. So if not in ZMapper when I can draw it? And how? There are many tutorials about normal maps, displacement map, subdivision etc. but not any about simple diffuse map :frowning:

Can you tell me what I have to do after import model to ZBrush?
Im wondering where you know how to do this from if theres not any help on the net :wink:

BTW, I know my english isn`t quite good but I hope you understand what I write? :smiley:

ZMapper is well-documented with a manual that’s about 100 pages in length. The problem is that you are seeing a plugin that was created for normal mapping and mistaking it as something for painting textures.

The Morph Unwrap feature that ZMapper has is useful for seeing how your model’s UV’s correspond to the geometry, but you can’t paint on it.

Yes, ZMapper creates a texture (the normal map), but it is ONLY capable of creating that kind of texture. For a regular color map, you need to use Projection Master.

Hmm I wonder if the morph unwrapper could be converted to use as a uv unwrapper?

From watching the video, it looks like a math conversion might be all thats needed…