ZBrushCentral

Head study 121

working on a head this morning and thought I would share the results with everyone. 121 appreciated. Without his wild hair he is very alienish (purposely) but I wondered what he would look like with hair so I worked with the fiber brush for a good bit on him. All feedback appreciated as always, the good the bad and the ugly :smiley:

FujiMan

Overall he looks very good, well defined facial lines and as far as I can see the ear is nicely modelled. The lips, although very close are not quite there IMO. The hair I like alot. The eyes are good with shading at the edges but it seems as if youā€™ve handpainted specular highlights on them. The extra blotch of white on the right eye breaks the illusion for me.

The more I look at the head the more I like the colors. :+1:

I have yet to dare try modelling a human head. The lips and ears scare the hell out of me.

tveyesā€¦thnxā€¦the secret to ears I was let in on was to make them separatelyā€¦here is the ear tool I made and useā€¦made it from a 3d ringā€¦its nothing special but maybe can give you an idea. Thanks for the feedback, it is mucho appreciated.

RonsEarTool1.zip

here is the model before I added hair and also the raw model and below the image will be the head tool I made for this image.

EnlongatedHeadRon.zip

this is by no means a spectacular work or anything, but some may want to play with it. It was fun to create. Thank you for your interest.

<font color="#949494" size=ā€œ1ā€> November 21, 2002 Message edited by: Ron Harris </font>

Nice modeling and texturing , Ron.
The ears do look better made seperate from the head :+1:
Thx for sharing !

:td: Bad work this timeā€¦
I donā€™t know if this is the result you really wanted, but the face looks horribleā€¦

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>the modeling is not good, there are several imprecisions
the texture is so rugged that the face seems in decomposition
the hair looks very fictitious
[/list]

Sorry for this not good judgment, but you asked an opinion and I have to say what I really think.
Better next timeā€¦ :wink:

Although I can empathize with your need to vocalize what you really think Moonwalker might I point you in the direction of the 121 Rules It is much more beneficial (to everyone) to suggest corrections or methodology in a crit rather than just the negatives alone. :wink:

:frowning: Sorry, Iā€™m rather new to this forum and I didnā€™t know this 121 rules, although sometimes Iā€™ve found the 121 number in some posts and I wondered what this number was meaningā€¦ now I know it! :slight_smile:

So, sorry again Ron :frowning: I hope you dont bother my judgmentā€¦

itā€™s okā€¦thnx for pointing the stuff out I appreciate thatā€¦snickerā€¦you threw me for a loop for a few minutes thoughā€¦but hey I am glad to know that you didnā€™t understand what the 121 rule wasā€¦that helps so for now I guess ā€¦
:wink:

:+1: ok Ron, now I like this last oneā€¦
I really like this ā€˜peloucheā€™ effect you got on the character.

Nevertheless I have to suggest to change a bit the mouth: itā€™s not clear if he has white moustaches, or whatā€¦?! :confused:

Nice pics buddy!

Moonwalker the second is Ron joshin around manā€¦lol.

Bad Ron.

thnx yallā€¦this is once again something that popped into my head during chowtime tonightā€¦so I came home and began working on this guyā€¦
wip1 bandor

wanna do alot more to him if I get some more time this weekendā€¦