ZBrushCentral

Geezer

Well, after all the practising and effort, I think this picture marks my transition from newbie to not-so-newbie. I knew how I wanted it to look, and the end result is pretty close to what I aimed for. That’s very exciting for me. :smiley: Thanks for looking.

oldman_200k.jpg

Well done Moochie! More more more, and meaning too! :slight_smile:

Hi Moochie-man, I see Keith Richards twin:laughing: :sunglasses:
I like it:+1:

Good Job!!!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
Lemo

I agree, well done and the texture work looks great!

Excellent. I really like the lips. :+1:

go Moochie go!

is this a zrender or c4?

Keep going!!!

Looks Great :+1:

sorry for the double -

How was the hair done? Is that ZBrush?

Nice one Moochie! I think anyone would be proud of a head model like that one mate. I’m giving you 5 stars for two reasons:

1- I like the model, texturing and lighting
2- You’ve passes a major hurdle (that I’ve still to pass myself).

I could probably say that also coz I’m in a good mood lol. I’m waiting the next one now :slight_smile:

Wayne…

Thanks everyone! Render was in C4D … I wanted to see if it could cope with a ZB-sized model. This was 700k polys, and it was a breeze. Hair was hand painted in Paintshop Pro using vectors. Will probably treat myself to a copy of Shave & a Haircut for Christmas.

Sorry for the delay in getting the next Newbie Challenge up. I’ve had this strange, restless feeling for the past few weeks … I knew I was ready to take the next step in ZB and start producing better work, but I guess I was scared that I might fail, and everything kinda got paralysed. Stoopid, huh? I know it’s just a picture, and nothing compared with the truly talented stuff that gets posted here every day but, for me, it is truly cathartic.

Nah not stupid at all mate, in fact I’ve been going through something similar for a week or two now. (combined with a teething 6 1/2 month old son :lol: ) So I know exactly where your coming from. But you’ve got to admit it’s worth it when you pass to another stage each time eh?

Wayne…

Hey Moochie,

Never fear failure, it tends to make one set one’s goals to high to assure failure so one can say…see I told you or it assures you aspire to perfection which of course you can never reach and makes it easier to quit or have excuses.

Instead, revel in it, the more you “fail” the more you learn. The more you fail and learn (overcome) the more power you have over that evil little inner critic whose voice can drown out atom bombs. So step out, wear that rubber suit in case a few rotten tomatoes head your way and you forget to duck, and give the world a great big wet raspberry while holding your head high. And most of all believe in yourself and what you have accomplished so far because in the end that is all that matters.

I am glad you took the leap…so go ahead and breathe now!:smiley:

Can’t … breathe … rubber suit … too … tight

:wink:

Great caracter Moochie, a job well done 8)

Moochie just wanted to tell you how much I adore this great work.
This is spot on for an older Keith Richards, as Abyssis mentioned too.
Are you working on more characters similar to this one?
Fan-tastic! :+1:

oh yeah…don’t wear rubber suits that don’t have zippers!

well if ya ain’t dead yet I reckon you survived and are breathin!

did it help or not to let this guy go? I mean aside from feeling like ya coulda done just one more thing…

Bravo, Moochie…and massive applause for a fine model and graduating to a higher level and hitting your personal goal. muhahahaha now the heat is on…
congrats,
ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Wow, thanks guys. Joe … you made some helpful comments about a previous model I posted, suggesting more work on the skin and particularly around the eyes, so that’s what I concentrated on for this one. I think it really made a difference … thank you! I will probably concentrate on upper bodies next, rather than faces/heads. Get some muscles and skeletal structures happening. By the end of 06, my goal is to be able to create reasonable quality ‘whole body’ models.

aminuts … still breathing. Been a bit pre-occupied with real life stuff recently, and trying to teach myself animation in C4D. But this guy has boosted my confidence significantly. 06 should be very exciting for me, with my new Meats dvd on order, 2.5 just around the corner, and the new Hair module ordered for C4D. Got the ‘Love’ seminar in London in a few weeks, and some money saved to get a new computer. All my ducks are getting lined up … now all I need is a few extra hours a day.

Ron … thanks! I’ve noticed your stuff is going through a qualitative change too. Cool, isn’t it!

well looks like you are gonna be all set for 06!!

will be looking forward to seeing some more posts then!