ZBrushCentral

[Updated]Ultrasaurus/Gigantosaurus

Hi, this is a wip of the Ultrasaurus model I’m currently working on. We want to use this model and one of a Gigantosaurus for an animation to obtain a commercial project for the animation studio my trainee post is located at the moment.

Bumpmaps :
ultrasaurus_bump1_small.jpg

Oh, eyes/mouth are missing btw.

Attachments

ultrsaurus_skin.jpg

ultrasaurus_bump2_small.jpg

-edit-

Very cool bumpmaps!!! Also very nice detailing of the texture of the Ultrasaurus. I wonder how many polys is the Ultrasaurus? Keep the good work!!!:+1: :smiley:

Javi.

hey dude, how many poly is that?

did u use projection master to do the bumps?

Hi, thanx for the replies. Around 2 million polies I think, but that;s not nearly enough to capture all the details, so I switched to the projection master to paint, with the bumpmaterial in zbrush, the fine details. Still the max. bump resolution is too little think, 4k x 4k…hope zbrush 2.5 brings a max. of 8k x 8k or sth.

Hmm…wonder where my gigantosaurus went…uploaded it for a second time :
giganto.jpg

Started work yesterday, around 5 hours of work so far…ultrasaurus has a good 50/60 hours in it.

Hey,

what do u mean u switched to projection master to paint with bump material? doesn’t your projection get distorted at 2M polies? I think there is something I am missing here. it looks fine from the shots.

Your Ultrasaurus’ head popped out of the top of my monitor! You owe me a new monitor now!!!

Nice job… :lol:

Hehe, yeah, it’s a big fellah…estimates are around 15 mtrs tall, 30 mtrs. long.

Sorry, maybe this is clearer…just load up the bump material (zbrush/zmaterials) and paint using the rgb channel through the projection master.

More work on Gigantosaurus :

gigant2.jpg

Attachments

gigant3.jpg

Oh,

ok so if I switch to the bump material, and i paint onto the bump material it doesn’t actually make a change to the mesh but only the bump information after which I can export as a bump map and apply in another 3d package am I geting all this correct?

I don’t actually need the millions of polys to do the very fine details. rite?

I just think its too good to be true thats all, sorry if I come out being abit agressive, I just really need to know.

btw ur Ultrasaurus is lookin damn nice

I’ve attached my bumpTest Results as you can see its not looking nearly as nice as yours.

[attach=21033]bumpTest.jpg[/attach]
[attach=21034]bumpTest2.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bumpTest.jpg

bumpTest2.jpg

Check.

I don’t actually need the millions of polys to do the very fine details. rite?

No, but you can;t see the bumpeffect on the side…so actual deformation due to a displacement map really helps to convince.

I just think its too good to be true thats all, sorry if I come out being abit agressive, I just really need to know.

btw ur Ultrasaurus is lookin damn nice

Thanks…good luck practising!

Redesigned the feet :
giga_foot.jpg

Attachments

giga_color.jpg

stegosaurus.jpg

Started coloring the Stegosaurus : stegosaurus3.jpg

giga_belly.jpg

Attachments

giga-back.jpg

giga-front.jpg

giga-head.jpg

Spinosaurus :

Spinosaurus2.jpg

Rigging has started of the beasts. In the meanwhile, here is a quick lighting test…

light_test.jpg

Managed to find some hours to work on some dinostuff last month, here are some results, hope you guys like it. Looks like from march I’ll have 3 days a week to work on these creatures, can’t wait !

styracosaurus.jpg

Rigged a lowpoly version with a light displacement map from zbrush, animated it during a traintrip and this is the result :

http://web.inter.nl.net/users/bjorn/spinowalk.mov

cheerz !

Attachments

ultra.jpg

spino_displ-low.jpg

Hm, no-one ? :frowning:

don’t get discouraged because of slow replies - looks good! the animation is really smooth. nice job. look forward to seeing more. what are you animating in?

3 days a week… lucky b******! :smiley:

Looks pretty cool… something weird going on in the neck though with the animation.

Your models are too good for the texturing you did! heheheh I mean that as a compliment! You did a really good job on these and the animation looked pretty good too. The neck jumped weird in one spot but else it was cool.

Tim