ZBrushCentral

Artists In Action - Kris Kosta

Kris Kosta takes up through an incredibly flexible texturing workflow and shows us a little of how he creates his stunningly realistic textures.

Watch Kris develop his textures, present his texture library and use ZBrush’s revolutionary Projection Master to quickly and accurately reproduce a human skin texture.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: ARTIST IN ACTION: KRIS KOSTA:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

The ZClassroom has a movie viewer with thumbnails beneath it. Click the right arrow by the thumbnails twice to scroll to the one for the Kris Kosta movie.

krisThumb.jpgZBC1.jpg

alrite! cant wait to view these :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: thanks kris!

anguyen

Thanks Ryan and thanks anguyen!

Hahaha… what a bad english and anoying voice!!! LOL

:+1:

• Kris

Hey nice videos! Thanks Kris and Ryan!

S

Hey Kris -

Can’t thank you enough for these. Really great stuff and it shows off ZBrush’s unique features so well!!! :smiley:

I see your head texturing thread is at 19,000 views!!! Congrats!

Ryan

Thats awsome… thanks for the sharing…

Great stuff, Kris! Never really thought about texturing this way (I’ve always hand-painted everything) but this looks like it could save tons of time, especially since you could still refine the mapped data within Photoshop now, thanks to ZAppLink). Did you actually come up with this by yourself or have you seen someone else using this technique? It’s odd that I never even thought about doing textures this way inside of Z, so thanks a lot, definitely very useful! :slight_smile:

I second that Thomas, the use of the flat 3d plane with zero setting to import alpha 'd phototextures in projection master was a complete revelatioon to me!! And you can then move the pixels about with the ‘move’ tool (2.5d)_ blooming brilliant. This is a ‘must see tutorial’!!

Bless you Kris for sharing this and Pixologic for hosting!!

Thanks a lot guys :slight_smile:

Well, I never actually seen someone using this technique but maybe it’s not new. I can say that I “discovered” it when I was texturing a “Zorgon” (kind of humanoid lizard) for the movie Zathura. Took me only one day and a half to paint the entire texture in a complex model using this technique and Leigh helped me with the UVs and touch-ups in photoshop. I’m glad you like it :wink:

Kris

Yup, this is an excellent technique you taught us, Antropus. Thanks a lot.

The only flaw is based on the quality of your bitmap textures, you better have some clear and detailled one to achieve a great look. But it seems pretty fast anyway ! :slight_smile:

Bye !

Ryan thx a lot for sharing this with us. I dont know if you can see how easier is to understand a tutorial when it has sound in it? hehehe For me it’s easier to learn with tutorials like this, which explain the actions done in it. But for real, thx a lot to both Kris Kosta and Anh Nguyen. Great artists!!! To texture using a zplain, it is a very smart way to texture. When I saw that I was like “WOW” hehehe I didn’t you could do that!! hehehe
Thx again Ryan!!:smiley:

Javi.

BIG THX :smiley: ,
very helpful :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very nice tute on workflow antropus, its always nice to watch others work.
everyone goes about stuff so differently. :wink:

Thank you Kris Kosta, beautiful technique, especially the mouth placement. Excellent tut, really clear and very enjoyable to watch and learn.
(who could he be?). :slight_smile:

very nice Kris !
tnks :+1:

anyone else having a hard time getting these to play? i’ve updated my QT and it says it’s up to par but i’m getting warnings about an incorrect compressor.

and i just watched the new narnia/h. potter trailer w/ no problems.

I posted a work around for this problem in the ‘artists in action - Anh Nguyen’ thread. For whatever reason, even though I had the latest version of quicktime I needed to download and install it again, then thedy played fine. I’m not sure what issue is causing this but it seems to work after doing this. Hope this helps.
I loved these videos, its not something I’d ever thought about. Shame ther wasn’t a link to a couple of high resz textures to start everyone off (rather than having to google for an age to find some high res sources to try this out.)

Wayne…

Great tips, Kris. Glad you did not keep this method to yourself- thanks for sharing it! Can’t wait to put it into action.

-Shane

thank you , Kris, it really saved my time :+1:

thanks DarthWayne that did it.

odd.