ZBrushCentral

Canned Gym

Hi all,
after a long time with this guy, I think it’s got to the point I’m ok with it…
the model (A.K.A as Clerky) was modeled in 3dsmax, then remodeled in
maya, imported to ZBrush and detailed up to 7 million polygons altogether.
textured with Maya + Photoshop + ZBrush together.
Render in Maya with mental ray (GI & FG)
This has been a learning project, and I really think that I’ve advanced a lot.

on a personal note, I’ve stumbled onto ZBrush a year and half ago by
accident (I’m a software engineer) - Saw an award for ZBrush at Gamasutra.com downloaded it and my life changed. been studying like crazy
ever since…

ZBrush is an amazing program. truly amazing.
Hope you’ll like this guy
:slight_smile:

CannedGym800.jpg

Weird expression and body modelling! Nice image though… You could avoid the terminator poster cause it distructs you from the model.Nice lighting - rendering!:slight_smile:

Outstanding!
Andreseloy

ps: of course very very fun! make me smile tons!

The work you’ve put into this really shows - excellent stuff.

Truly fantastic image, lot of work involved.
Lot of small details that initially escape the eye.
Congratulations!!!

Pilou

Great work here… It’s unusual to have a complete scene, so… Congrats ! :wink:

But I’m wondering about the color bleed/light at the base of the chair and under the feets… Those don’t seem natural at all. :confused:

Bye !

I agree about the bleeding. so I tweaked it a bit in photoshop.
thanks for the comments.

He looks familiar. Where’ve I seen him before I wonder.

I like it a lot the character and the decoration too, but i think you (re)work the floor a little bit, it misses a little bump (it’s my advise) or displacement. And for the white coloration of floor, decrease a little bit the irradiance color of each material (i think at limps and the bench). Besides that, it’s excellent composition. Good work:+1:

Actual Thread : http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=29611

wow voxelman,

great improvement over your last posting. Still love this little dude. Hope we see more of him.

If you plan to tweek some more…some ideas…if not disregard:D…
I kinda agree about the poster…not that it shouldn’t be there but that it looks too new. I think some stains on the brick wall and floor near the pipes under the shelves would be cool. The other thing would be it’s too neat and clean for a basement…some dust, cobwebs kinda stuff thrown in.

Having said that…I really like what you have done since your last version and your little guy really has character which you have done a good job of showing and I really do wanna see him in some more stuff.

Keep it up!!

Hey voxelman! By the way, very nice job with the character. The texture looks nice. I think that the character has some face details that look too human for that kind of cartoony character. I dont konw if u get what Im trying to say? When is cartoony, most of the time the texture it’s kinda a lil more simple. Ohhh, I was wondering… How much mem of RAM you got in your comp? 7 million polys wow! thats a lot!!! hehehe ok man have a good one.

Javi.

Thought I’d post a snapshot of the polys in my scene.
btw, I have 4GB of RAM :slight_smile:
ClerkyWires.jpg

Hope you have a fast processor too :smiley:

I do - AMD64 AthlonFX-55
and I’m very happy with it

Great stuff, voxelMan. Your studying is paying off. 50.

Hi, Another update. tweaked up lighting in the scene.
added Depth of field to the render.
hope you like it.

clerky100k.jpg

I like both pictures a lot. one small crit though if I may?, The texture on the lower cans (end) seems to spiral? It doesn’t quite have the same look as the higher can. I think a small tweak here would improve it. :smiley: :+1: