ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - Displacement Exporter (Now included in ZBrush 3.1)

This plugin is now a part of ZBrush 3.1

Pixologic has now released the new plug-in, Displacement Exporter and Multi Displacement 2 for the Macintosh and PC.

Displacement Exporter contains many innovative features such as the ability to convert a displacement map into a normal map. From this plug-in you can export 8 bit, 16 bit, or 32 bit RGB or grey-scale maps. You have full control over each channel, can flip your map as well as have access to the innovative 8dot8 file export.

8dot8 allows you to use 8 bit displacement maps to achieve results similar to what you achieve with 16 bit displacement maps. 8dot8 separates out major and minor forms into two different maps that can be added together at render time. To use 8dot8 turn the status of Major8 and Minor8 to On.

The [color=#ff8c00]Multi Displacement 2 will bake real-world coordinates (and remove the need for the Alpha Depth Factor) into your 32 bit floating point maps for models that were imported into ZBrush. Multi Displacement 2 has been production tested by ILM and other major studios.

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download Displacement Exporter, Multi Displacement 2 & Documentation Here (PC) :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

September 22nd, 2005: Version A released
October 18th, 2005: Version C released
November 2nd, 2005: Version D released

Version C changes:
Added Multi-Displacement 2 for the Mac
Changed tilde key, “~” in file name to a dash “-”

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Download Displacement Exporter, Multi Displacement 2 & Documentation Here (MAC) :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

Version D changes:
Fixed some issues with 32 bit export for the Macintosh

Installing the Displacement Exporter

:large_orange_diamond: Extract the zip file to anywhere on your computer.
:large_orange_diamond: Move the contents to the ZStartup/ ZPlugs directory. If your ZStartup directory does not have a ZPlugs folder, create it.
:large_orange_diamond: Launch ZBrush
:large_orange_diamond: The plugin will place two buttons in your Alpha palette and a new sub menu, Multi Displacement 2, in your ZPlugins palette.
:large_orange_diamond: You can move the documentation, ADE4.PDF, anywhere you want.

Using the Displacement Exporter

:large_orange_diamond: Create a displacement map
:large_orange_diamond: Select the alpha in the Alpha palette
:large_orange_diamond: Open the Alpha palette along the top row and there are two new buttons: DE Options and DExporter
:large_orange_diamond: Click DE Options to open the Displacement Exporter
:large_orange_diamond: Choose your settings
:large_orange_diamond: Click Export Current to export out the map

You can use DExporter to automate the exporting of several types of maps. Click the button and it will export out a map for each option with its Status set to On.

Using Multi Displacement 2

:large_orange_diamond: Select your model in the tool palette
:large_orange_diamond: Go to the lowest subdivision level
:large_orange_diamond: Open the Multi Displacement 2 submenu and choose your settings
:large_orange_diamond: Click Export options to open the Displacement Exporter
:large_orange_diamond: Choose your settings
:large_orange_diamond: In the Multi Displacement 2 submenu click Create All

awesome!! thanks a ton for this! cant wait to start using it :slight_smile:

the export option on the tif works
but when trying to import the same file
zbrush doesn’t recanize the format .tif

improper format

Oooh boy! Got a new toy to play with tonight! Thansk guys, you rock. :slight_smile:

Everything being release on schedule. Me happy.

Eagerly waiting for the Mac version :slight_smile: Didn’t know this year Chrismas is coming early (^_^)

woohoo love to get presents after a long day at work.

Thanks guys!!

Thank you so much ! You guys really do rock !

Regards,
thomas

Thank you. :smiley:

Thanks all. This looks to be an excellent addition to an excellent prohram :smiley:

Does somebody know the date of arrival of the version Mac, I am impatient to test it : -) :roll_eyes:

How does the plugin work with the MultiDisplacement plugin?

Thank you very much guys!!!

if someone is in the same room than the guy who progrmmed this - please kiss him twice on both cheeks.

Cheers…you may want to plonk it on the top row …I completely missed it when I looked at the site, had to learn about its release from CGtalk…oh such shame 2nd hand news :cry:

Yes I know its sticky and very obvious, but I think its like the "gorillas in our Midst " experiments.

thanks again
El-d

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou!

Great work again from the Pixologic team, congrats people!!

Big Thanks!
My next favorits is NormalMapper and 2.5 :smiley:

A big thankyou to everyone on another fabulous addition.

MrMoe.

Sweet!!! Thank you very much Pixologic team! :+1: