Hi all artists.

It’s a pity: only of late I found out a beautiful
plugin by our Marcus
-Mark2grp.zsc,
which colors
marked areas of the mesh.

poligroups.jpg

It can, when in flip mode, render easily beautiful
tunes to the inner parts of complex meshes.
Only I failed to correctly color parts of the mesh with the colors I wished.

I wonder if one could choose any color to paint the group. That would be so useful!

The script in question is closed, having been in *.zsc
Thus me, myself, cannot acribe shift-key toward the script, so that to automate the process.

Any idea?

Marcus?

Anatom :idea:

Haha, that is funny… You just created a new reason for the tool. Originally the purpose of this script is to enable you to ‘paint’ polygroups so you can select those later while modeling. The colors are chosen ‘randomly’ so you can actually distinguish those poly groups. There was no artistic purpose behind that process. But looking at your sample… I have a few ideas myself… The beauty of he mesh itself… I also like many plain Zsphere pictures. They are also nice, even being only a tool.

Yes, it would be fun to see if the polygroup colors could be user defined. I am curious what Marcus has to say to that…

:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: Great Idea!
LemonNado

Anatom,

Marcus recently posted a plugin that will allow you to make a script a plugin AND assign it a hot key called Zplugmaker…you might try to use that? or ya did and it didn’t work? I haven’t looked but I think that pu creates a launch script for that scripts so I would think you should be able to use it for this.

I would attempt it for you but my zbrush seems to have crashed for the last time and I can’t open it right now but try using the plugin maker …not with the regular zsc but the launch one already created (if it has one in the zplugs folder) so basically you are launching the launch.

Or wait til Marcus comes to save the day!:smiley:

Hi all, :slight_smile:

Anatom, that is beautiful!

Thanks for the suggestion Aminuts but ZPlugMaker won’t work with plugins - you won’t get an error but they are already part of the interface so nothing will happen (- they can’t be called like a zscript and can’t be edited like a zscript recording).

But there’s an easy way to add a hotkey for the Mask>>Grp button. You can edit the defaultzscript.txt file which is in the ZBrush2\ZScripts folder. Open the file in a text editor and add this line, making sure you put it before the [PD] :

[ISetHotkey,Zplugin:MarcusTools:Mask>>Grp,363]

In this example the 363 is the hotkey SHIFT+K. If you’d like a different hotkey let me know but it’s best to use one that isn’t already used by ZBrush.

On using particular color for polygroups there is no easy ‘pick-a-color’ way. The only way I have found to change them is to make a single group visible (the one you want to change the color of) and then press the PolyGroups>Group Visible button. I don’t think there’s any harm in repeatedly pressing the button if you wish, until a color you like turns up.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

Thanks so much dear friends for your feedback.
:smiley: now can use shift K all right.
In real one can use the knob with Marcus tool, put just on the working canvas nearest to the field of interest by CTRL and left mouse catch.
It is very handy.
And there is more to it:
Why not try to write a script, wherein one can first plan a special color, then start marking a part of the mesh with just that color, thus no need to repeatedly press on the script knob? Same way as we usually paint the object with Project master.
Having done with that Group, we pick up another color, then start painting another mesh area to turn it into the group, but now only that next color, stroke by stroke to our satisfaction.

That will selectively turn various parts of the complex mesh with inner components transparent at the same time, easy in a way of bits… to compare with materials and textures.
Then we may bring other features to those colored parts (groups)_, materials,
,textures …
:rolleyes:
Anatom

I wonder Anatom if using the colorize option would help you? You could use Marcus’ plugin to group em the way you want then use the plugin to make visible 1 group then go to tools>texture and turn colorize on…this will allow you to paint directly on the model any color you want (turn zadd or zsub off) and you can do this in real time…rotate your model and color doing each group then save that via the same menu by col>tex…this way you can save the texture for other sessions and just use tex>col when you have to.

this would allow you to see the groups in the colors you want while the colorizer button was on and no texture is selected. Or you can just load the newly created texture.

Anyway this might be a compromise that will help ya out?

Just to be clear. We are discussing Mask2Group, available here;
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=28045&highlight=group

correct? :slight_smile: :wink:

Dear Aminuts,
I must admit,
I ain’t good at painting 3D models.
:o
The paint somehow gets below the mesh in my creations as if penetrating through, soiling other parts.
Also, if one uses materials and textures there’s a risk the inner structure got hidden behind.
My task is painting transparent multistored organizations and revolving them like below. Grouping suits me so swell.
Anatom

Attachments

u_anat11.gif

acmepixel,
Yes, you are right, Mask2Group is the one. :slight_smile:

Anatom,
Here is a little zscript you might like to try. Basically it creates a texture of the wireframe (it creates a clone so that your original is untouched) so that it will render transparent. It’s not fully tested and produces rather a lot of textures in order to get the necessary result but you might find it interesting. If the polymesh is above 50,000 then it uses a lower level. I’ve not found a satisfactory way of coloring the result but you could create a separate colored mesh and combine the two in Photoshop (or similar) before reapplying.

Unzip the zip and load the Wireframe.zsc from the ZScript>Load button.

Cheers,

hand_pic.jpg

Here’s a color version. Press the Colorize Mesh button to paint colors directly on a polymesh in Edit mode. When you’re done, press the Render Wireframe button to render a colored wireframe texture. The result is not as clean as the ZBrush dots mode but you can paint any colors you want. Also using a different material (such as Fast Shader with high Ambient & Diffuse) produces quite nice results.

Enjoy.

:o

That is something, but doesn’t work on my models, saying the texture is wrong for my model.On lower mesh it does work.

The idea is to replace usual paint with colored parts of the mesh, so that the paint would not penetrate lower (into the inside of the organization).

Anatom