ZBrushCentral

The Chase

Finally my Weekend Project finished rendering… ZBrush Terrain!
[chase_sml.jpg]
LemonNado

Pilou

looks cool

but, it looks like its a little toy set/model landscape. try knocking back the background/landscape a bit with some haze and it will instantly look alot bigger!!

:slight_smile:

It’s not bad, but I’m wondering is that snow or specularity?

I’ll be honest and say that I think it needs more work. :+1:

Yes, I will render that again, I’ll put the camera closer to the ground, so the trees are better visible. However, have to recalculate those as the resolution = crapola right now. The crafts have been enlarged big time in this scene. I had them proportionally smaller but then they became to small to be identified… I made the ‘wrong’ trade off… Thanks for your input. I’ll plop fog into it as well. I bet it will look great then.

Lemo

Specularity I fear. Should not have changed the light intensity… I’ll change the material on the next attempt…

Cheers
Lemo

[headscape_wip.jpg]
Wip quick previz render… I change the geometry a tad more, add a few more vessels and let the whole thing render with global illumination. radiosity in MR over night… that should look better than the first attempt… I blurred this one pretty badly as the non existent anit aliasing made it look worse than it does now hahaha. I think I have a better proportion between vessels and landscape…

Lemo

Is that Vue5 trees or a tricky tip of Zb?
(nothing read somewhere :slight_smile:

To my eyes, this looks like a mache model on a table. You know those ones? Sometimes they’re a backdrop for a toy railway system.

It can’t seem to decide what it wants to be. There’s no real sense of space going on… yet.

Keep working on it and I’m sure you’ll nail it. :+1:

Yes, it’s a blurry piece of <cough cough> right now. I changed the lighting and the box is rendering over night. Depth is in the shadows and I had to blurrrrr because it was so jaggy. It’s VUE Trees and ZB Trees with VUE Leaf, and ZB Rocks… The nice thing is that you can have VUE distribute all sorts of things in a rather complex matter. ZBrush again, is a fantastic companion. And of course… the Terrain is all ZB. I did not optimize the distribution yet as a group of buildings will be dropped into my scene. Then I will go and finalize that. But it only makes sense when I get a handle on the lights and the fact that a LOT of detail has to look good and not to busy… Right now I’m already up to about 900Million Poly’s on my old P4 1GB. Let’s not talk abut rendertime… sighhhhhhhh. It’s a mystery to me how the program can handle that… Wild… simply wild…
Lemo

Looking good there, Lemonnado…Vue is a great program, but it looks like the newer versions doesn’t choke up on Z models…I am enjoying your updates.

ron
catfishmn@aol.com

Another Update. Now with a bit more detail.
[dogfight.jpg]
Let me know if you like it. Next thing I have to figure out is motion blurrrrrrr. No Idea how the heck I can arrange for that. But it had been done before… Something to read up on!
Cheers
LemonNado

PS:I’ll use this to open my ZBrush Intro at Monday in Manhattan. I hope it’s not so bad that they will chase me out with a pitchfork :laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:

Nice perspective, good to see so many different uses for ZB!
The trees look great.:+1: :+1: :+1:

lemonnado, the last one is the best :smiley: at last you can see the detail of the ship and the land scape :smiley: n1 :smiley:

Nice render, thet last one! Still no displacement support in Vue…grrr!
Waiting for the new rendering with some blurrrrr!

Is not possible to make your numerous trees with the “People Poker” script by Digts ?

Sure, that’s the plan. But first I want to have a nice scene. I made about 10 attempts and think I’ll stick to this one… FOV looks alright and there is still room for other stuff. Now I can go crazy and make the ‘real stuff’.

Cheers
Lemo

cool…all that’s missing is the crash and burning craft in the trees :smiley: Can’t have a dog fight without smoke and fire and all that good stuff.:rolleyes:

Good luck with your presentation, sounds like fun.

Some exhaust coming from the engines and maybe some glow in them might help too.

I think the last one’s a real improvement, and you seem to be closing in on what you actually want.