ZBrushCentral

Zketchpad - A ZBrush 2 Plugin

[attach=19744]ZBC-Large.jpg[/attach]

I am pleased to release the[color=orange] Zketchpad plugin - an exciting update of the original Zketcher by Glen Southern. (This has been a personal project of mine; there’s been so much ongoing enthusiasm about the original script and using ZBrush for sketching that I wanted to see that fun continued with a version that was written for Z2. :))

[color=orange]Zketchpad has been designed to bring the script up to date for ZBrush 2, while also introducing some powerful new features that weren’t possible before. Most noticeable is the introduction of Environments. This powerful -but little known - aspect of ZBrush lets users set up unique interface customizations for specific purposes. The [color=orange]Zketchpad Environment, for example, gives easy access to all features that will commonly be used while sketching in ZBrush. Features having to do with modeling or even painting are removed from view (although still accessible via the palettes). This helps you to focus much more easily on what you launched [color=orange]Zketchpad to do: sketching! The built-in tutorial (accessed by pressing the “About Zketchpad” button) explains how you can modify the Zketchpad Environment for your own preferences.

:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond: Click here to download visit the download center:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:

To install:
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: After downloading the zip file, extract it to any location on your computer.
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: Place the Zketchpad.zsc file and the ZketchpadData folder into your ZStartup\Zplugs folder (if this is the first plugin that you’ve installed, you will need to create the Zplugs folder).
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: Launch ZBrush. [color=orange]Zketchpad will automatically appear as a menu within the ZPlugin palette.

To run:
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: We recommend that you first run the [color=orange]Zketchpad tutorial by clicking the “About Zketchpad” button found at the bottom of the Zketchpad menu.
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: To load the [color=orange]Zketchpad Environment, click the [color=orange]Zketchpad button. If you plan to do a lot of sketching, you may wish to place this button onto the Shelf and save the location as part of your custom interface.
:small_orange_diamond::small_orange_diamond: When you’ve finished sketching, click either the Standard or Custom button in the ZBrush 2 title bar to return to the normal ZBrush environment.

Finally, we’d like to invite all ZBrush users to share their sketches in this thread. Have fun with it! :slight_smile:

Attachments

ZBC-Large.jpg

ZBCThumb.jpg

Sweet sweet sweet! Thank you! Great surprise.

Fabulous! :rushing off to play:

Oh crap a sneaky new toy… THANK YOU

Oh noes… there goes Ze afternoon…
Thanks!
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
LemonNado

Bitchin’, love the fact that I can use Zbrush for my 2d work now instead of Alias Sketchbook. :slight_smile: Z is just more comfortable to use. :smiley:

Hmm, now my problem is I don’t want to go back to work today (on lunch)!! Thanks a lot! :wink:

Thanks for this one Aurick ! :+1: :+1: :+1:
And Thanks to Southern for the original concept also ! :wink:

Down goes alias, Down goes Alias

thx aurick & Glen

Ron

Matt,

Cool upgrade! - Stored alternative environments might be a very powerful realm to explore :wink:

Sven

Hi Aurick,

This looks great. Would it be possible to include the source code in the distribution as well?

all those plugins for free, where else do we have such a service but on zbrush central.
Thanksssssssssssss

thanks!

Great work aurick! Thanks for updating glen’s excellent script. :+1:

Hah…(Z)sketching is great !!! Thanks Aurick…:ex:

Yainderidoooooo

Cool. Thanks for sharing this Aurick

Ooo it works beautifully. This is just a question, not an ungrateful crit … but is there any way I can make the plugin retain the brush size, intensity and alpha for any given pencil? When I mess up and need to use the eraser (happens a lot, I’m ashamed to say), I have to reset the settings if I want to carry on from where I left off. Maybe a ‘reset to default’ button? Having said that, it’s making me take more care which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. :smiley:

Many thanks!
As you are no doubt aware Alias ( Maya) sells something similar.
Alias Sketchbook Pro 2.
I was given it as a gift, it was uninstalled a few moments after the
installation of this.
Gratitude for making zbrush even more worthwhile.

awsome work my friend you’ve done it again a 5 thumber :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :sunglasses:

Aurick you totaly rock!
thanks!
thanks to Glen Southern too :slight_smile:

this is one of my all time favorite Zscripts…

yes, this is really usefull stuff for sure, big THANKS :cool: