ZBrushCentral

Lost in Z Land

Ok I’m a total newbie and a little lost. I have downloaded the demo version and have been trying to understand it. I have been using Lightwave off and on for years and I find the interface of Zbrush to be totally alien to me. I have been away from 3D for a few years and have recently upgraded to LW 8 and I’m trying to relearn what forgot. When I ran across Zbrush and was totally blown away by the images in the Gallery. Zbrush seems to be a totally different way of thinking. I have always made objects with points and polygons, with Zbrush I don’t really understand what I’m doing. I wish the demo version would allow you to load in an object made in Lightwave. When you edit a 3D object in Zbrush are you affecting the mesh or are you painting on a displacement map?

Rayvon

Wrong forum! There is a questions forum!

However, you affect the Mesh. You can subdivide the mesh to a point where you can create incredible detail (like pores and small wrinkles) which cannot be loaded into other 3d packages (or at least it’s not feasible). Then you can export a displacement map or a normal map and use that with your base mesh in any app whish supports displacements (is there any in the meantime?).

I urge you to download the tutorial guide and work through it. It’s easy to use and you will get into the way of thinking.

Cheers
LemonNado

Sorry about posting in the wrong forum, I realized what I had done after I sent it. But thanks for the reply anyway :smiley:

Rayvon