Moderator Follow User Gallery

Question Question: about Sun light

Hi all,

Has anybody ever successfully grabbed the current Light Placement for the Sun type of light? I can set it easily enough using:
    [ISet,Light:Light Placement,-0.1,0.1] but using IGet returns a single number which although it may have some info in it I can't work it out.

Grabbing the Placement: X, Y, Z sliders doesn't work either as although you can force these to set the sun position (by switching to the Point light and back again) the sliders aren't updated otherwise.

Can anyone shed any light on this? (Sorry, sorry, sorry....)

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I almost did not post a reply. Your last line was so bad I became physically sick

You are talking about the light placement and not the light position right? In that case you simply use [Iget,...] to read the horizontal placement and [IgetSecondary,...] to read the vertical placement. Unfortunately I have no idea how to determine if the light is a front or back light. [IgetFlags,...] does not reveal anything.

I hope that lightens your day.

//covers mouth and runs towards bathroom.
    Last edited by TVeyes; 09-27-05 at 08:08 AM.
    Mark

Moderator Follow User Gallery

Lightens my day? TV, as usual your knowledge puts me completely in the shade.

Seriously, I'm indebted to you. I should point out that I was misled by the Command Reference which refers to 'secondary pop-up info' and, although (as there are a few errors) I often cross-check this with the Cmd button in ZB, I didn't this time. There it is, with 'Light Placement' as the example.

I find now that setting the Light:Placement X & Y Positions sliders and switching between between Point & Sun doesn't set the placement acurately.

Thanks for the help,
    Last edited by marcus_civis; 09-27-05 at 09:25 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Delightful.

Here, again, I manage to pick up something I really needed to know (even though I didn't realize I needed to know it). I love these "drive-by" Q and As.

Thanks Mark (both of you).

Sven