ZBrushCentral

Too graphic in style?

Hi all. I’m new to using Z, and this is my first “finished” piece. Posting work here in the company of artists I respect is very daunting.

Here goes.

newZB.jpg

WOW, this is nice! Make it a tick larger… You can upload up to 200K. I think nobody would mind if that would be 1024 wide. Looks really nice. Something different and original.
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
LemonNado

hi lemons,

It is always great to see a completely different way to use Zbrush and you have done a very cool job of it. Is it all zbrush? if so you seem to have picked up on some of the cool features of zbrush quite well and I look forward to seeing some more creative works from you.

newZB.jpg

Thanks very much for the encouragement. Here’s a larger version of it, and for this image I used Illustrator for the lines, and ZBrush for the rest. I composited it in Zbrush.

One thing I don’t understand yet is how to get a really good anti-aliasing. Any suggestions?

Also this image is a sort of experiment to find my own “voice” as it were.

Thanks again fellas.

Bienvenido lemons, es muy bonita la composición de la escena. ¿Las figuras son importadas o están modeladas en ZBrush?

Si quieres conseguir antialiasing pulsa AAHlf.

very cool and distinctive, lemons!

the usual suggestion re: antialiasing is to start with the document twice as large both ways as the final will be, then press the AAHalf button before exporting, as mentioned above

or export at the larger size, make any additions in Illustrator, Photoshop or whatever, then reduce by 50%

Nice. Thanks for the larger version. And yes, press AAHalf and the special anti alias feture does wonder. I always start of with at least 2048 hor. With AAHalf I still have 1024. There are also a lot of settings in the render section. Go play with it 8-).
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
LemonNado

Hi lemons, I wonder what is the significance of this ’ line style ’ which I see being increasingly used by my friends who study the visual arts at university? - and even more so in advertising.
Does it have a specific title and origin?

Btw - I don’t study the visual arts.

Cheers,
Kircho

aahalf? Okay cool. Thanks all. I mean it when I say it’s a relief when you get some positive feedback. I absolutely appreciate all the comments, and I’ll post more work as I finish it.

Kircho, the illustrator lines are a way for me to “tie” the piece together using 2d methods. I’ve always liked the idea of combining 2 and 3D. I may not continue to use it if it gets cliched and old. But for the moment I like the clarity of it. I haven’t studied formally either, but I’m considering it for next year. Thanks.