ZBrushCentral

creating hot keys script

is there z script out there to create hot keys in Z brush 2. I want to create some hot keys for tools i use alot like STD,Pinch, Smooth, inflate…etc.

Also is there a way i can also add those tools to the QuickMenu when i press space bar.

moochu

There’s no general Hotkey script at present but you can create your own script if you follow a few rules. First be sure that the hotkeys you choose aren’t already assigned - check out p501 of the Practical guide and the pdf of Hotkeys and Mouse Actions available from the ZBrush Help topics>ZBrush Essentials. (Incidentally, Smooth is available already by holding down SHIFT.)

Then write your code in a text editor following this example:

[ISubPalette,"Zplugin:More Plugs"]

[IButton,"Zplugin:More Plugs:Inflat","Hotkey for Inflate Brush",
[ISet,Zscript:Show Actions,0]//this turns off interface updates
[IPress,Transform:Inflat]//this is the interface item path you want the hotkey for
,,,SHIFT+'Q']//this is the hotkey. 

[IButton,"Zplugin:More Plugs:Pinch","Hotkey for Pinch Brush",
[ISet,Zscript:Show Actions,0]
[IPress,Transform:Pinch]
,,,SHIFT+'W']

[IButton,"Zplugin:More Plugs:Layer","Hotkey for Layer Brush",
[IPress,Transform:Layer]
,,,SHIFT+'E']

[IButton,"Zplugin:More Plugs:Std","Hotkey for Standard Brush",
[IPress,Transform:Std]
,,,SHIFT+'R']

You can find the button path for an item by holding the mouse over it and pressing Ctrl - the path is given at the bottom of the popup. You’ll need a separate button for each hotkey. Make sure you don’t miss out any of the commas or brackets in the code.

When you’ve done save the file as ‘Myhotkeys.txt’ to your ZStartup\ZPlugs folder. If you have a new installation of ZB then you may need to create the ZPlugs folder and be sure to check this thread:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?p=187434

Start ZBrush and load your text file from the ZScript menu Load button. Having loaded the file once your script have being compiled and your hotkeys will be available every ZB session.

EDIT: at present there’s no way of adding to the Quick menu.

HTH,

thank you so much .very much appreciated:D

moochu