ZBrushCentral

Canned Gym - Endless WIP

Hi Guys,
Continuing my tradition of WIP, I’m posting a
pose and light test. not sure where its going yet, I need
a break from this guy…
Love to get a criticism.
Regards.

![ClerkyWorkoutTest.jpg|640x512](upload://dJRUlY7t3bZGbXaQWaXPYqSMMNU.jpeg)

That’s brilliant! Hard to offer crits when it’s work in progress … but the things that stick out most are the texture (or lack thereof) on the cans, their uniformity (in my local supermarket, I think they must employ someone to deliberately dent every single can), the barbell passing through the character’s fingers, and the feet/toes don’t have the same level of delicious detail as the hands/fingers. But the character’s face and torso/arms are just fabulous. :+1:

Either the cans are too clean… or the body is too ‘dirty’…

I presume the former over the latter… as I believe the body and its style look good.

Pilou

Hi,
Thanks for the comments. I totally agree. the cans are too uniform,
and I should add more details in the feet, or just cover them with something…
I was going for a pale body against a more dark face, since the only sun
this guy is exposed too, is the face and hands. but, It looks a bit weird.
Thanks again. hope you’ll see my next update.
:slight_smile:

I find the pose really rigid and I don’t dig that much the idea.
No offense, but I would really like to know how the featured gallery work.

Ok, I don’t like the body. Sorry.

Come on, 333666999 … it’s ok to say you don’t like something, but the least you gotta do is say why. imho

Call his number and he will tell you why :lol:

I like the modeling and the idea, maybe his body is not quite finished and the torso is a little square but I just wonder perhaps how his expression would fit if he was struggling to evolve out of one of the cans. Just a thought :slight_smile:

I love the character just the way he is…

agree about the cans…ding them up…also some cool funky weird old labels would rock.

keep going!!!

ps to 333666999 …“I don’t like the body” is an opinion not a critique or criticism, offer criticisms when asked for…good or bad be nice about it, opinions you can keep.

:roll_eyes: Hello FELLOW ZB’s, I am new to this but I think that we must all be happy with what we make as art. We must ask are we happy with the finished art. With that said I feel it is coming along well. Yes more detail is needed but that will come in time. I do like the perspective & textures on wall / floor. Lighting is also good. Art is about imagenation & for a work in progress I like it over all.

fine work you did there…nice …

I find the idea for this to be really great, and the execution to be quite skilled. However, if I could offer a suggestion, it looks extremely posed and fairly unreal… that is, something is obviously going on in this scene - there is a narrative going on here - but I can’t tell what it might be. Also, I get the sense that the cans he’s holding are weightless. If they are supposed to be really heavy, that should be reflected in his body language… his body should be tilted more to the side, the strain should show in his face, etc.
But besides all that, great job!
-Roo

Funny it looks just like Chris Kattan from SNL.