ZBrushCentral

Deep thoughts...

Well, maybe not, but here are some questions about the sculpting brushes. I’m just looking for your thoughts on these. Of course if somebody who knows the inner workings of the tools could comment, then that would be great too.

Is smooth the opposite of inflate? Seems that way.

What’s the difference between nudge and move?

If alt-inflate deflates, then why doesn’t z-sub in inflate mode deflate as well?

How are pinch and smooth different?

Hi, I think this link will answer the majority of your questions.

Kircho

No, not really. But thanks.

I’ll have to get infront of z to be specific in my answers on some of those but…

you can visibly see the difference between what pinch doesn and what smooth does quite easily.

take any model and divide it a time or two…create a zsub wrinkle somewhere inbetween edge lines…well actually create two…alittle ways apart.

now take the pinch brush with frame on and work it in that wrinkle area…you should be able to see the edge lines pulling together to “pinch” that area together…kind of like pulling the upper layer of skin over a cut. now use the smooth brush on the other one. you should be able to see the high sides of the wrinkle slowly disappear as tho the wrinkle is being healed from the inside rather than covered over on the outside…if that makes sense. hahha I know what I mean but sometimes have troubles conveying that.

the rest will have to wait til i get to the zb puter.

Is smooth the opposite of inflate? Seems that way.
pull on a 3d object and make it really pixolated
now chose smooth
now if its the opposite then, hold down your ALT key with inflate and drag on the pixolated mesh
the ALT key will change it to the opposite
since you said it was opposite then holding down your alt key would make it the same
now compare
they dont do the same

What’s the difference between nudge and move?
chose the Sphereinder3D and face the smooth part towards you
turn on the wireframe
now with intensity 100 move the middle top half and move back and forth a few times with std move
now below that with intensity 100 draw mode with nudge do the same below that and compare
they dont do the same

If alt-inflate deflates, then why doesn’t z-sub in inflate mode deflate as well?
it does your not set to STD Mode

How are pinch and smooth different?
again turn on the wire frame with intenisty full blast and you can clearly see the differnts