ZBrushCentral

Need Help

if I have like a GUV UV how can be convert the UV back to the native 3d uv?
Is there some way to do it?
Andreseloy

if you have no textures to worry about then create a blank texture in the size you plan to texture it up in and go to tools>texture and choose the mapping you want.

if you have textures you want to preserve…you are gonna lose em if you change the uv’s.

hope that helps ya out.

i think what hes saying is
:small_orange_diamond:step 1
if you chose lets say a Cylinder3D default mesh and use the projection master then look at the texture and remember how it looks

:small_blue_diamond:step 2
now press make polymesh 3D and chose GUVTiles
now use the projection master one more time and compare the textures

now he wants to go back to :small_orange_diamond:step 1, the same as the orginal texture look.

i can press all UV exsept the UVTiles, it locks up my pc when using the projection master or texture master
both version…

UVTiles might be the correct answer but i can’t test it :cry:

ohhh…

well I can’t remember if this works totally ok in z2 or not…in fact i find myself needing to check it out myself until the zapplink plugin is available however

you might want to try it and see if it will work for you …

Sven’s UVConvert zscript

or if preserving a texture is not important

Sven’s MapIt should let you convert them quickly as well

Thanks aminuts and edonkey…well i like to change the texture like the bRhino.ztl from pixolator had in his show thread with texture master. I have some old GUVtiles want to conver back to that same kind of texture map…

That is possible? or exchange ztool to objecto and object to ztool?

Andreseloy

hi

do you have a link to that thread so I can see what kind of mapping he had on it? Once I see it I can probably offer a possible way or two to try. Right now I can’t remember it.