ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Announcement - The Roadmap to ZBrush 2.5

Welcome to Pixologic’s roadmap to ZBrush 2.5

Today we are excited to announce the release dates of our upcoming ZBrush plug-ins and the much anticipated release of ZBrush 2.5. Each plug-in is intended to give ZBrush 2 users an advanced look into ZBrush 2.5 and its robust feature enhancements.

Our first release will be a Demo version of ZBrush 2 on September 8th. It will be released simultaneously on the Mac and Windows platform. To learn more about ZBrush 2 and its features click here.
:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond: Update on September 8th: Released! Click Here

Our next release will be the Displacement Exporter on September 22nd. The Displacement Exporter plug-in includes the ability to export 8bit, 16 bit and 32 bit grey-scale or rgb maps among many other innovative features.
:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond: Update on November 2nd: Released! Click Here

ZApp Link, which you can see in actionhere, will be released on October 6th. ZApp Link connects ZBrush to any graphics editing program that edits .PSDs. Combining the power of ZBrush with your graphics editing package of choice gives you even more power when texturing or designing within ZBrush.
:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond: Update on October 12: Released! Click Here

ZMapper, the normal map generator plug-in, expands upon ZBrush’s robust normal map generating ability by including extensive configurability, normal map presets, the pioneering morphUV function, the ability to roll a bump map into your normal map and several other innovative features that are designed to make normal map generation simple, fast and direct. Its release date will be announced.
:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond:small_orange_diamond:large_orange_diamond: Update on November 30: Released for PC! Click Here
(Mac version is still in development and will be released as soon as possible.)

Note: ZMapper’s release date has been extended to allow for increased functionality.

[

:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: ](http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=29628) Click here to download the higher-rez version :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

The release of ZBrush 2.5 is TBA. We’ll announce a date as soon as possible.[font=Wingdings]

ZBrush 2.5 is currently still under development. We are adding even more features and enhancements to this release that have not been previously disclosed. More information about these new features will be posted here as they become available.

ZBrush 2.5 update and the above plug-ins will be -free of charge- to registered users of ZBrush 2.

ZBrush 2.5’s announced features include ZSphere enhanced Topology tools, our volumetric Model-Rig, and a stratospheric increase in the Poly Count of ZBrush models. These ground-breaking features can be seen here or in our Siggraph recap here. Stay tuned to this thread for information about additional features that will be part of ZBrush 2.5.

Alphas used in the creation of the elephant courtesy of The Gnomon Workshop and XYZ RGB

Thank you for all your encouragement, patience and support. :slight_smile:

The Pixologic Team

[]20millionPoly.jpgdispExprt_web.jpgzappLink_interface_wTroll.jpgZMapperComp_web.jpgZBCThumb2.jpg

Great news - thank you Ryan and the Pixologic team. (Matthew was right on the button.)

With great anticipation - Sven

Rock on!

Look forward to the release. Now we know the dates we all can relax.

Hmm something is a little screwy with the java popups, or maybe it’s the firefox browser. At any rate, this is very exciting indeed!

-lild

No doubt, johnny blaze, it would be great if people could relax about this.

I’m really excited about the release. There’s still a lot I wanna know about the normal mapping stuff, and the topolgy stuff, but I can wait till it’s out.

Thanks much :smiley:

Excellent! December is sooner than I had hoped. And Im actually really , really excited about Zapp link…Ive been dreaming about using Painter’s fantastic toolset for painting in ZB.

Thanks for the update. Fantastic stuff :smiley:
Makes this a great day for me, my Box/Manual arrived and now this good news.

BTW. javascript links are not working. Safari, Netscape, Firefox, all show errors instead of whatever is suposed to be shown. :cry:

thank you :+1:

Now thats the way to satisfy customers :slight_smile: Hats off to you guys, December is just around the corner!

Cheers
Xarf

.Great news and thanks for finally giving us something!

the only down side i have with it is, I was hoping the rig would be a released plugin and out much sooner then december. hope the next 3 months fly by really really really fast!!!

yay. you guys got me turned on for the rest of the day! thanks…

great news! love zbrush and i was hoping to see more of it…! :+1:

This is one great news !!! (^_^) I can’t wait for the new plug-ins :slight_smile:

newest on it’s way
Thank you pixologic team
You guys made my day!

zbrush poem #2 for Ryan:D

All very exciting. :slight_smile: Thanks Pixologic for all the hard work you’re putting in to this, it’s much appreciated.

Thank you guys! The best is getting even better! Looking forward to December : )

Scott

Nice one, looking forward to all the plug-in goodness!

:slight_smile: …and these news to make your day start in a great mood…can’t wait for these releases… :+1:

Yes ! :+1: :red_circle: :large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: :red_circle: :+1: :grimacing: :smiley: