ZBrushCentral

Zbrush and Vue 5 Infinite

Dear All,

I have made this picture with Vue5 Infinite, and also the first terrain is made with Zbrush with the Taron help video for terrain construction.

A plus

Nicolas :stuck_out_tongue: :rolleyes:

Attachments

TheNewworld3.jpg

How’d you import the model? I just started using VUE 5 and the documentation is sparce. Does it accept DXF or OBJs? I was trying to figure out a way to import models from other packages. The renderer is slow but with a little work you can get some nice results. Also were you using the displacement maps from Zbrush? If so 8 or 16 bit?

Thanks, you definately got me interested in trying it.

Nicely done image, I have V5I but i’m using it less & less, because it’s very buggy & unstable & doesn’t allow importing on displacement onto meshes, so basically no decent ZB models can be imported… which sucks :evil:

Nice landscape post.

Ethan Summers like yourself finds ZBrush inspirational with regard landscape generation
http://pixologic.com/zbrush/interviews/summers_interview.html

I have V5I but i’m using it less & less, because it’s very buggy & unstable & doesn’t allow importing on displacement onto meshes, so basically no decent ZB models can be imported… which sucks

Useful info Buckie thanks for noting that

To download an image files from Z to Vue, its particular… he he he… I have done some test and now, I know that the file you need to make is a 3ds file (convert zbrush obj to 3ds)… that’s the tip… I don’t know why ! But its ok like this , without textures. (don’t test with textures, but I will try).

You can just make a bump map… not a displacement mapping.

The file I have done is very large and with this 3ds format its very easy for me, to do that, from Z to Vue.

I like Vue, and for animations its very good (but not rigging animation), just based animation from Poser product.

And also there’s the wind system !!!

Just see this:www.belino.net its very good, simple but good… not cg just between.
I think that many of you, need to try more Vue, you can make the best waves simulatons there, and animating them.
Also the new material editor is nice, and the ecosystem is a performance.

You can do a following camera, when you make a blind layer of a cube with a camera linked to this same cube. It’s easy and powerful.

Seriously making terrain and Zbrush with Vue can be a killer team !

Best regards

And gros bisoux

Nicolas
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And that’s all :lol: :lol: :lol: terrain.jpg

Hi

Vue can import OBJ and other 3D formats with textures. For textures created in ZBrush, you must flip the texture before exporting.
Vue has some really cool features (Ecosystems…) but you can not use displacement maps. Maybe sometimes loading the map in the bump channel can be a workaround ? I never tried this however…

but try with an very high polygonal structure from zbrush and (in a mac.vers) you will wait for a long time ! With 3ds its the most quickly import for very heavy model.! :smiley:

Vue5… just have it and never had a buggy program like it. But it renders superb! :evil:

Me, i use on a Mac and I think its stable… I don’t have a lot of problems… hum let me see… no…

Really ? buy a Mac, oh no don’t do that… after you will wait too much for the next Zbrush update… I’m joking!!!

Deed you do the update on the Eon Website ???

Muy buena imagen smileman. Y con sólo un terreno y un ave.:+1:

Vue is buggy, but the renders are great! Vue is also very touchy about graphics cards. I tried a few and settled on a Sony proprietary NVidia 6600 with 256 DDRam and most of my troubles went away. Vue recently had a problem with an update when they decided to tweak it to accomodate items sold in their new shop so that the models could not be exported. Caused a major uproar among users. I have not seen an update since, so I asume it’s going through a major overhaul. Infinite will however handle incredible numbers of polys and very complex models. 5 d’esprit is quite different in its abilities even though it looks the same. Only Infinite will handle the high poly counts. I’ve pushed it close to a billion with good results and I’m not exactly on a great system. It should handle highly detailed models. 3.5 million shuts me down in other aps.The problems seem to be virtual memory related. The HDRI renders are incredible but slow. The lighting is easy to set up. Oh, I should mention that if you have Infinite it came with full documentation, check your disk it is there.

Smileman, I am a Macman :confused: :smiley:
Vue 5 infinite is unstable on my G5. Sometimes it cannot open its own tutorial files. Changing and blending materials is tricky and mostly causes a crash. I got it now for 3 days and I have to explore it. Indeed the 3ds-format works well. Again: the renderings are super and I like the use of ecosystems.

Hello guyZ,

My only word is REVOLT, but not with 2 voltage, we need a constant following about appz in general. I think that some appz like Zbrush are very stable (C4d, etc…), and for the price of these soft we need stable operations and all of us need to send these problems to Eon…
Hey, when I was young, I’m working as mechanical engineer in a big company if I make one mistake, I will be fired… its the same for 3d software, for the price of… they need to provide services and correct bugZ and follow customers complain.

Hey guys have a new Groboto2 is coming :http://www.groboto.com/v2/index.htm :mad: :mad: