Senior Member User Gallery

Default ZCurve Version 4.1 (Update)

I have updated ZCurve, see this thread ZCurve 3.2

Zcurve4_0.JPG

What's New?

Morph - Morph between two Curves
    Recording - Record your curves and then build them into a 3D Mesh

It was suggested that I make some video tutorials, so I did. I am afraid I don't have the patience or the talent to create a professional quality tutorials but hopefully this will help a few people get the hang of curvin

ZCURVE FLASH TUTORIALS

Feel free to post your own experiments on this thread

If you want ZCurve to startup as a pluging extract the ZCurve_4 folder and ZCurveBooter.zsc into your Zbrush Startup/Zplugins folder

BugFix 8-31-05

Dern it! Please update to version 4.1 as I needed to fix a problem with the Morph function working at high resolution. Sorry bout dat

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Digits; 08-31-05 at 08:27 AM.

Here is an image I created while testing the script.

curve3a.JPG

oh cool!!!

Thanks for all your time and effort with this one.....it's gonna be fun to watch you zcurve away me thinks .

Oh yeah.....I think I might need a zifworm intervention too....damn these are addicting utilities!!

dohhh...I forgot to mention......way cool image!!!

Default Whoa!

Excellent upgrade, brilliant interface. The tutorials are powerful yet simple. All the hard work shows, D.

thankyou - Sven

Dear Digits,
    your image and utility look amazing.

Whether it would be quite so in the hands of a technophobe such as myself is quite another matter.
    Looks complicated with many depths - but wait, I see you've posted some Flash tutorials to help us into the light.

Thanks for sharing your hard work.

Thumbs up Cool tuts ...

...and amazing exploration of Geometry possibilities!
    Pilou
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges

Digits...

Default Update 4.1

Thanks for the replies guys!

If you have already installed 4.0 please get the new version 4.1. You can just replace your existing ZCurve_4.zsc with the one in the zip.

Moderator User Gallery

Great work on the update - excellent new features. And the tutorials are a tremendous help. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate your hard work. Thanks!

You tha man digits...

Most excellent! Thank you!

Thanks again for sharing your hard work. Looks like a lot of fun!!

Quote Originally Posted by marcus_civis
    Great work on the update - excellent new features. And the tutorials are a tremendous help. I'm sure a lot of people will appreciate your hard work. Thanks!
    Thanks for the support Marcus. I got a little curious to see just how helpful it was to create tutorials for Zcurve so I took a little peek at my webpage statistics over the last few days. The results were suprising.

67 out of 582 (minus return readers) DL'd the script

Perc of the 67 People who DL'd
    ---------------------------------------
    36 looked at the ZCurve Webpage 53.7%
    30 looked at the Intro 44.7%
    18 looked at the first tutorial 26.8%
    11 looked at the 2nd Tutorial 16.4%
    9 looked at the 3rd Tutorial 13.4%
    7 looked at the 4th Tutorial 10.4%
    9 looked at the 5th Tutorial 13.4%
    5 downloaded the Zips 7.4%

At least 2 hits per Tutorial were mine checking out the site.

I am not sure whether or not it reflects the general interest in Zscripts on the whole, that ZCurve is a real Stinker, or just the fact that Zcurve with all its functionality is just too intimidating for the average user to generate any interest beyond just a cursory glance. I suspect that it is a bit of all three.

Anywho, I pretty much zscript solely for my own pleasure not for fame or fortune. I just found it very interesting to spy on the mating habits of our internet culture. Pretty fasinating stuff!

Hi Digits,

I for one am in the -very interested but a bit overwhelmed- category.
    I plan on using your scripts once I get more basic functions under my belt.

I am very impressed with what your plugins can help us to achieve with Zbrush. And am very greatful for talented zscripters like yourself. So don't be disappointed with low web hits. i think I may not be the only one who wants to learn your plugins, but who doesn't have the time to do it right now.

I have a Digits folder dedicated to all of your plugins and tutorials. I will be refering to it once I'm up-to-speed.

So please keep on with the good work and keep an eye on the long term view.

Dunno if this helps, but here's what I thought:
    The interface looks complicated. The first tut covers the new stuff you've added so, if coming to the utility for the first time, it's really hard to get your head around what's going on. The assumption I made was that the following tuts would be even more in-depth. They're not .. they are very clear presentations which take little existing knowledge for granted. But of course you don't know that until you've viewed them.

There are a number of procedures to learn. Personally, I learn best with a sheet or two printed off with 'do this then do that' step-by-step instructions, with a brief 'because' paragraph. Then I can dab away at the utility with a crib sheet on hand. Do a procedure a couple of times and it sticks.

So .. my suggestions would be: have a way to hide part of the interface, so that only core elements are visible. A beginner's version, if you will. Once a user is confident with the basics, they can flick a switch and all the more advanced stuff becomes available. I've no idea if that is easy or hard to do, or how much work it would entail. Or even if others would welcome it. But I know I would.

Second idea is a printable crib sheet: step by step no-brainer instructions. Again, I can't speak for anyone else, but I would absolutely love to use your utility and I'd find practical, simple instructions invaluable. The artistic possiblities are so obvious and exciting .. a foot up is all that's needed.

Thanks again for all your work. I'm not looking for a 'make art now' button. Just a way to break down learning your utility into bite-sized chunks, which is all my addled brain and available time allow.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast