ZBrushCentral

Newbie - I have a question (or 2)

Two Questions:

1. I will be using zbrush primarily for designing cars and anything automotive. I will also be using it for other things, but primarily for designing cars. Are there any users who use zbrush for automotive designs?

2. Why do so many people post a pic of something they used zbrush for, but there are like 5 other applications that they keep transferring the image to? For example, the thread will say: “modeled in maya or XSI, rendered in 3ds max, detailed in zbrush, finished in photoshop” :confused: Can someone explain why you need so many sofware applications for a pic? I’m not a student so I’ll be buying zbrush just to have it for personal use and eventually for self employment.

Any responses will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Ritchie

1. Because some people find it easier to create base meshes in a traditional modelling tool as Maya or Silo or 3d max… or whatever else there is available :wink:

Other like to animate afterwards, or setup a scene with multiple objects that stays in 3d space, not 2.5 or some like other renderers better and others will perhaps even other reasons :slight_smile:

the main key is render:+1:
there is other software that can do the quit well
and zbrush kind of lacks in this area
but then again im not speaking bad about the software but it could use some improvements in rendering.

here is a car
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=003826
and another reason why you dont see alot of cars on the forum
is because alot of people haven’t exployed edge crisp
which is new in zbrush

in the previous version, each time you divided the mesh, it would just make it to smooth and to round and most car body are not round and smooth
but they have a hard edge with a smooth out line

edge crisp gives it a hard edge but then again, you can turn it off after using it once and sub divide it one more time with the option off which will it will give you a hard but smooth edge.

this is exactly what i needed to know, thanks guys. :smiley:

anyone else use zbrush exclusively?

anyone use zbrush for automotive design? :confused:

I am about to make a bet that there is nobody who is exclusively using ZBrush for automotive design.

Different CG packages have different areas where they are very good and as a professional you will quickly see that it is necessary to exploit the power of several apps to come to breath taking results.

Amazingly ZBrush is the perfect companion for pretty much any other Application I have seen. As more and more organix shapes flow into the design of dashboards, handles, etc. I can see that sculpting with ZBrush is of great value.

You would require 3DSMax, Autocad or compatible program (avoid IMSI), ZBrush, Photoshop, and a photogrammetry application to get into competitive car modeling.

Cheers
LemonNado

http://www.alias.com/glb/eng/products-services/product_details.jsp?productId=1800007

Alias has a package just for making cars, have never used it i would bet that it would be very expensive also :lol: