ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - QuickStart: Production Series (PDFs)

QuickStart_letterhead.jpg
QuickStart_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the release of the QuickStart: Production Series.

Today, we are releasing four guides that are designed to get production artists up and running with ZBrush as fast as possible. Each guide is designed to take an artist through a specific area of ZBrush. Building upon each other, they form the foundation of learning ZBrush for production.

ZBrush Production Basics, the first guide, goes through the core concepts of working in ZBrush: the canvas, the pixol, working modes, documents and tools.
:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Click here to download document.:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

ZBrush Sculpting Basics, the second guide, introduces the artist to sculpting in ZBrush in the most direct way possible. Using a default Sphere3D and traditional sculpting methods artists can quickly develop highly realistic forms.
:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond: Click here to download document.:large_orange_diamond: :large_orange_diamond:

ZBrush Sculpting Polymesh, the third guide, introduces artists to the core concepts of sculpting a polyMesh in ZBrush. Artists are introduced to Dynamic Levels of Resolution, Polygroups and selectively hiding and showing your model.

ZBrush masks, Stencils and Projection Master, the fourth guide, walks the artist through the process of taking their model to that ZBrush level of detail that simply can not be attained any other way.

ZBrush Texturing Basics, introduces artists to the process of texturing in ZBrush. Also check out Caroline Delen’s Artist in Action post here.

ZBrush Material Basics, walks artists through a basic understanding of ZBrush materials.

Thank you to everyone in the ZBrush community for your support, awesome artwork and dedication. We look forward to posting more guides in the future. Please feel free to share any work, thoughts or questions about the guides in this thread.

A special thanks to Anh Nguyen for allowing us to use his model in Sculpting Basics.

Updated 9/25/05 with two new guides: Texturing Basics and Material Basics

Many thanks for the time and effort!
I am sure that this will be a welcome addition
to the soon-to-be released update.:smiley:

Good stuff man, especially for a rookie like me :wink:

Thanks for this … :+1:

Dan

Thanks!

hi, this is very cool Ryan, however

for me I don’t get the icon pics to “download” from all I see is the name of the jpg…eg pdffileicon.jpg. If I click on it , it only wants to download the jpg.

not a problem for me as I have other means to obtain the files but others new to internet etc. might also have the same problems.

FYI, I am using firefox and will assume that could be the problem but am not sure…i don’t have the time right this sec to check out ie or netscape to see if I have the same problem.

anyway i hope this helps someone who also might have the same troubles.

Thanks Aminuts. :slight_smile:

It should be fixed now. Now to download, click on the titles as opposed to the images themselves. :slight_smile:

Hi Ryan,

Thanks for these, I’m currently working through the 503page Tutorials these shorter guides will be a welcome kickstart!

Managed to download the files okay clicking on the title, however, might be an idea if the mouse pointer didn’t change when over the PDF icon, some users might find this a tad confusing.

:+1: Eddie

Thank you, Rayan… :slight_smile:

Yong

Sweet, thanks Ryan!

one more thing…as Eddie pointed out…the icon does change over the pic so will be confusing.

great idea…gives us old timers some leather to chew til we see some of the new promised plugins eh?:smiley:

oh yeah, I also wanted to say…in light of all the geez why doesn’t pixologic be more hands on stuff posted lately that this is a superb idea/way of reaching out and lending a hand that is from the source rather than from the even more superb community. It is nice to see an attempt to reach out and be more proactive in the community that goes out of its way to support itself…something Pixologic should be most proud of and I for one and glad to see the tips of the fingers reaching out to shake my hand.

Thanks to the team that helps us create our dreams.

hahaha how’s that for sappy syrup?:rolleyes:

Excellent Ryan; clear and informative - very useful. Many thanks. :+1:

Hey Ryan: You are the most productive man by the moment, hehehehe, great as usual. Keep posting, mate

Cheers

Many thanks Ryan!!! I’m a newbie to the app and about half way thru the 500+ page guide. With this and Meats’ intro hopefully it can all make sense!
-jay

Thank you guys for your kind words and support. Believe me when I say everything in Pixol land is working to support you guys as much as possible but I also have to say, as a member of the forum community, that the entire ZBrush community is 100% something for us all to proud of. Other software companies have even gone out of there way to praise our community which is the result of every one of our efforts. It is definitely the most friendly place on the web for many of us and I am more than just of this proud. It is source of energy for every hour of my loooong work days. :smiley:

There is much more in store to help old timers and newbies alike get more out of ZBrush but time is always the struggle. Expect more guides and more videos as we are able to get them out. :smiley:

Best,

Ryan

PS. Aminuts- You’re a poet! When shall we see the first ZBrush poem!:slight_smile:

really well done PDF !!!

great post !! many thx and I know that I still have to learn a lot !!
thank you very much :+1: :+1: :+1:

zbrush makes my day
I cannot live without it
where is 2 point 5

a zb poem for Ryan:rolleyes:

This is terrific! I just browsed through it before work this morning and it really looks user friendly and that’s great for people like me who don’t have a lot of patience to wade through a lot of text for instructions.

Thanks a bunch! :smiley:

Just wanted to add my thanks on a job well-done!! Thanks again for taking the time to do this for us. :smiley: :smiley:

We have updated the first page with two new guides: Texturing Basics and Materials Basics!

Enjoy and please share any feedback you have in this thread. :slight_smile:

cool I have been waiting a lifetime for your materials pdf update Ryan!! Good thing nuts have 9 lives! :smiley: