ZBrushCentral

ZCurve Version 3.2 (New Tutorial 8-11-05)(Update 8-13-05)

[Zcurve 3.0 Intro.JPG]

Zcurve 3.0 will allow you to create Bezier Curves using Zbrush much like most drawing programs. And like most Bezier functions you specify a Start and End point and then control two control points that have an affect on the curve that is drawn. Unlike most drawing programs with Zcurve you can create curves in 3 dimensions using all three axis of the drawing plane. Even more you can use the Control points to modify the diameter of the points that you create, either by a direct interpolation of size from the start to the end point or by using the diameter of the Control Points to affect the calculation. Other controls let the user Move, Flip (mirror), and Rotate the curve on the canvas using the Arrow buttons in the Navigation Panel. (Up, Down, Left, Right, In, and Out) These controls will work on any object that is currently selected in edit mode, Thereby allowing the user to select the Move switch and precisely positon the control points of the curve. The user can also directly type in the values into the appropriate sliders or drag the Control Sphere to the point on the canvas they wish and press the appropriate Save (SP-SP, SP-CP1.....) button to record the new position. New in Version 3 Unlike Version 1 & 2 the ZCurve can be created in one step by pressing the Create button. After the ZCurve is created the Control Points can be modified in Real Time watching the effects of the adjustments on your Zcurve even in Preview mode. Each ZCurve that you create has information embedded in it that will enable the script to position the Curve back onto the canvas using the Restore button. Attached to this thread is documentation that should help you get started. Unzip the ZCurve_3 folder and Zcurvebooter.zsc file into your startup/zplugins directory if you want ZCurve to startup as a plugin. [color=SandyBrown]Addition

I have created a new PDF Tutorial which I hope will help some people get a start on Zcurving. I am not a good teacher so I hope it helps.

:ex: Update 8/13/05 Zcurve 3.2 :ex: Buckie brought up a good point. My scripts will interfere with user's custom Interface setups by resetting the Zscript Interface Colors. Download Version 3.2 install to have the option to disable the Interface modifications. When ever ZCurve is started the First time you will be asked if you want to Disable the ZCurve Interface, answer YES to the prompt if you want to keep your Custom Colors and NO if you want to let ZCurve set them.

Unfortunately, until I update all my other scripts with the same functionality using one of them will hijack your custom settings, sorry bout that, I will work on getting them updated.

Also per Buckie's request Version 3.2 has the Load buttons and Save buttons so that they read from Left to Right, which makes better sense to me. ****UPDATE (DISREGARD)*****

Sorry I had to remove the 3.1 update as it was causing some problems. I apologize. If you have already installed it please reinstall the zcurve3.zsc file from the original zip file. Hopefully I can get this fixed and back up for download

****UPDATE 8/13/05***** I fixed the problem with Version 3.1, if you had loaded 3.1 please update, the easist way is just to take the zcurve_3.zsc file and replace your existing one.

Here are a couple of test doodles I created while working on the script

[worm6.JPG](javascript:zb_insimg(‘16057’,‘worm6.JPG’,1,0))

Attachments

worm4.JPG

Looks like a great update - I can’t wait to give it a spin. Thanks! :+1:

The master of scripting do it again…:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

cameyo

finaly i have curve in ZBrush…and it looks work fine :smiley:
thanks…

that is to hard to understand even by reading the PDF
how come you don’t have a built in help file tutorial
have exsample with buttons and slider pointers.

have a zscript were you might say
if this button :small_orange_diamond:here is active
then it will move :small_orange_diamond:here
then show a zscript of it doing it.

thank
i was thinking all you have to do is draw a line on the canvas and it will make that in a zsphere curve
can’t even figure out how to do that:cry:

I’m having trouble too, sorry maybe I’m a bit thick but I’d love a real quick tut on this great looking tool!

Sorry you guys are having problemas, I am at work atm, I will try to whip up something this evening. But meanwhile, give this a try and see if it answers any questions. (from the docs)

Zcurve Quick Start

– Load Zcurve

– Zcurve loads with the control points at a default position.

– Press “Create” - this will draw the default curve on the canvas.

– Selecting Move, Flip, or Rotate will allow you to transform the current Curve appropriately using the Navigation Panel.

– You can modify your curve by selecting one or more of the control point switches (Sel-SP, Sel-CP1, Sel-CP2, or Sel-EP) and use the Navigation Panel to change the curve in realtime.

– To Reset the curve to default press the “R” key on the Navigation Panel. This is useful also when starting a new curve as it resets all the Control Points.

– Press the Settings button or use the Shortcut Key “d” to bring up the Settings Menu. Here you can change the curve’s resolution, select a 3 or 4 point curve, turn BestFit on or off or enable the Control Points sizing to effect the curve or not. Changing Bestfit or Res will require that you press “Create” to redo the curve

– Press the Control Button or use the Shortcut “SHIFT d” to bring up the Control Menu. Here you can center an object (curve or control point). Clear the canvas; Save or Recall position/scale/rotation of an object or restore a curve to the canvas using its Encoded data.

Hopefully this will help you get started.

i will wait to you get off work
maybe you can whip a video tutorial:idea:

Thanks Digits!

Love your pic by the way…one of these days you need to do a mini tutorial on how ya throw em together!:wink:

Digits… Let me tell you that what you did with your script (and your scipt by the way) is mazing…
Im actullay trying it, hope I succed to hadle it, because bezier curves are super usefull, almost in zbrush wich ddint had this fonction…
Thanks you!!

I ll give this script a try, cool image Digits
:slight_smile:

I predict lots of horns in uploaded pictures on the forum in the near future.

Thanks for all the replies guys

I whipped up a more detailed Tutorial which I have added to the first post. I hope it explains a bit more about how the script works. Good luck!

can you make a built in zscript in the z curve:question:
and say when i press this :small_orange_diamond:button it will do this
and when i move this :small_orange_diamond:slide it will do this
and when your done press :small_orange_diamond:this
and have arrow pointers…

check the built in zbrush help files on how there done
there very understanding.

OK I’ve had a play & it does create some cool curves…:+1:

But I have 2 things…

1: On loading the script some of my custom set-up colours change back to default (an issue I had with one of marcus’s recent scripts)

2: It may just be me & the way I work but the button positions seem backward. If i wanted to load an SP I would naturally load with the left button then save with the right button, but on ZC3 you load on the right & save with the left & it just seems a little un-natural. It may be just me, I don’t know.

Hi Buckie

Thanks so much for your input, download and install the new Update 3.1. This should fix your Interface color problem (I hope) by being able to choose whether or not ZCurve will modify the Interface colors. I will have to fix all my other Scripts to do the same.

I have also, swapped the Load and Save buttons in Version 3.1. Makes more sense to me as well.

Edonkey, I am sorry you are still having difficulties in figuring out my script. Writing a Zscript Tutorial for it is not as easy as you think, it is not like recording your modelling for example. Within the Script I can’t use the script by code like a User. While I could put the time and effort into creating such a tutorial I am afraid I am plain lazy. All I can suggest is that you print out the PDF’s that I have provided and just make a stab at following the Tutorials step by step and I am sure you will get the hang of it.

Sorry I had to remove the 3.1 Version as it was causing Zbrush to constantly access the Preference menu. I did not catch that before I apologize. If you have already installed 3.1 please reinstall the Zcurve3.zsc from the original Zip install.

I will try to see if I can get this fixed.

Thanks for the update Digits! I’m having fun with this script.

On zscript colors:
The need to set ZScript colors by resetting interface colors every time the script loads is a real pain. It would be cool if button color etc. could be coded in the IButton code like it is for NoteIButtons. I have had some odd behaviour with my scripts because of the current method. It wouldn’t matter but the default maroon brings me out in a rash. :wink:

didn’t you make a Video tutorial for one of your other Utilities?
what about making a video for this.