ZBrushCentral

User Challenge:Non-Organic objects

I hope it’s ok to post a challenge? Especially since i’m not skilled enough to participate!!. :cry:

As a VERY new user to zbrush, I have parused these forums in awe and wonder of the superb artwork by so many talented people. It is clear to me that organic modeling, in particular, is very well suited to this program. I have seen some models with “sharp” and defined edges and I thought it would be interesting to see, using zspheres as a start, to create Non organic objects. Mechanical, archetecture (basic) even bio-mechanical. (my personal favorite, yes it’s somewhat organic but you get the idea)

hey, Im just as big of a noob as you… maybe a bigger one, because I have a little knowledge which is a dangerous thing.

I will work on this tonight, and post something tomorrow. for an idea of how to start something like that, check out the practical guide, the telephone project.

Im excited about this.
oh and welcome!

Its a super challenge… I hope a lot of people will work on it.
Unfortunatly, I actually dont have time…
Mixing organic and non organic sculpting is a very good training on zbrush, certainly the best…
To me, one of the best exercise is shoes making.

heres my zc raft, not made for this challenge but it could match.
I hope it will encourage people to do something.

WOW…very nice! And thanks for the reminder on the telephone tut. I’ve been amassing so much documentation (of various forms) so far, I have not YET READ much of it…lol.

Keep them coming!!

Hi,
This is a robot that I am working on. I want to learn to rig and animate something, so I started makeing a robot. I thought a robot would be easy to animate because it wouldn’t matter if your animation looked stiff. Made parts in ZB, exported to Maya, Mental Ray. Still have a huge learning process ahead since I don’t Know alot of Maya. ZB makes 3D fun and easy. I will try and post the finished model If I could just find some kind of pill that would make my wife love ZB as much as me. :smiley: MultiBot.jpg

Model her head! I could upgrade a few programs because of that ;).
NOTHING beats a nice pic saying ‘For MOM’…:smiley:
Lemmo

I like your spirit Lemmo :lol:

:Dcool airplane :+1:

Here is an older WIP. I really have to finish it…
I named this stage of the WIP ‘Jaqueline Hammer’ the Jack Hammer for the sensitive construction worker and connaisseur of fine demolition equipment.
[[attach=15621]JacquelineHammer.jpg[/attach]]JacquelineHammer.jpg
:sunglasses:
LemonNado
PS:In the end it will be a ‘Yell Bot!’. Geometry in ZBrush, and render and texture in XSI. I’ll finish the geometry in XSI as non organic modeling is just to painful in ZBrush for me.

Nice user challenge :+1:

Here’s a little something I did.

Attachments

motorcycle.gif

Very inspirational all! keep on keep’n on. :smiley:

Something i quickly did.
[attach=16171]spaceship.JPG[/attach][attach=16172]spaceship2.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

spaceship.JPG

spaceship2.JPG