ZBrushCentral

A coool script idea!!

Helo!
First thing : thanks to al z-scripter for the time you spend to code us usefull pluggins that make ou life easier!

I have an script idea, but I’m not sure it’s possible to do.
A lot of friends complain about the fact that, after sculpting, when you go back to the lowest level of detail, the base mesh is too smoothed, proportion are a bit lost.
So we can press cage, but this time, the shape is too violent (in order to apply a further meshmoth).
We could exprt the smotthed shape, the cage then morph them together in max for ex.

MY IDEA : would it be possible to make a script that do this. When you go back to the lowest level of detail, theres is a slider that lest you chosse the % of mix between the low smoothed shape and the cage shape, so user could choose the shape he wants to export (like 50% mix between base mesh and cage)?

That’s a good idea.
Something like feather option in photoshop!

You can easily do that manually :slight_smile:

1. Store a morph target with Tool > Morph Target > StoreMT.
  2. Press the Tool > Geometry > Cage switch.
  3. Now use the Tool > Morph Target > Morph slider to adjust the cage effect. Minus values will exagerate the cage and plus values will lessen the cage effect.

You just need to experiment to find the right morph value for your applications subdivision smoothing / mesh smoothing.

Yeah I know, but Its not fast!!!
A script could make it in 1 click…