ZBrushCentral

New ZPlugin : Image Plane

small.jpg

Image Planes are a useful way to use photographs and other images in ZBrush. This plugin makes it easy to import an image and then move, scale or rotate it. The Plane3D can also be subdivided for sculpting or other transformations.

The plugin adds a button and a slider to a new Image Plane subpalette within the Texture palette.

Updated: March 21 2006

Click the LoadImage button to create an image plane. If a texture is selected that image will be used, otherwise you will be asked to choose an image file. The image should not be larger than 4096 pixels in either direction.

The plane is placed at the Z depth specified in the Picker palette Z slider. Click the Z slider and drag to the canvas to select the depth at that point.

Use the ImgSize slider to adjust the size of the image as a percentage of document size. The slider value can be changed at any time in Transform or Edit mode.

The butterflies image uses just image planes. The four different images used have areas of black which render transparent when the Texture>Transparent button is switched on.

Note: updated by Ryan Kingslien at Marcus’ request to include include RevC of the zscript.

Attachments

butterflies.jpg

Hey, I can use this! Thanks Marcus!

Thanks sooo much, Marcus; this is a great addition; excellent:D

Chris

You Rock!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Marcus!!!

r

Marcus -

Just so I am clear. Image size relates to size within the canvas right? Not the size of the image itself? My tests seem to prove that out but just want to make sure.

Also, it would be cool if this had a “make image plane” button that did the same thing with a selected texture, in case it was already loaded. :smiley:

What a wonderful present this morning.

r

… a classical “Copy / Past” with a visible rectangle selection with a Zscript ?
Pilo

just what i was looking for
thanks

Thank you marcus!! Very Handy!

My thanks to you, Marcus. Is there any other application with sooooo many plugins? 50.

Hey cool. Now I can retire my ‘info x,y,z’ desktop clutter!
THANKS!
LemonNado

Just like sliced bread, thanks buddy!

Many thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. :slight_smile:

Ryan,
Yes, the image size is adjusted as a percentage of document size - a value of 100 in the ImgSize slider will fill the canvas with the image, relevant to the image proportions. I thought that way would be more useful. If a larger size is needed the Gyro can be used in Size mode.

Following your suggestion, I’ve posted an update : now if a texture is selected in the texture palette that image will be loaded on to a plane, otherwise the open dialog will appear to select an image file.

Also I forgot to mention that the plane is placed at the Z depth in the Picker>Z slider.

Pilou,
I don’t know if that is possible. It might be, but I will have to look into it when I have time.

I don’t know of another app with so many plugins. I guess it’s all down to that ZB magic! :slight_smile:

Cheers,

Thank you Marcus!!!

I am rewriting some material now to include this!:smiley: :smiley:

r

Very nice mate, cheers…:smiley:

I definitely like this. Now you won’t have to have such a huge canvas to sculpt in. When I get more time this weekend I’m definitely going to have to see what I can do with this.

Awesome stuff Marcus!

thank you!!!

So simple yet very useful. I love it. Thanks Marcus.

I was always having a bad time to place them manually.
Thanks!
Lemmo

very nice thanks Marcus

:smiley: :+1: Thank You