ZBrushCentral

Chinese Dragon WIP

My first real foray into using Zspheres. Very interesting. Starting to get the hang of it!
chinese.dragonWIP1.jpg

Attachments

chinese.dragonWIP2.jpg

chinese.dragonWIP3.jpg

chinese.dragonZS.jpg

Wow. very nice!
I like the pose, and the arms look great.

Cant wait to see an update!

voolger

:+1:LemonNado

Very nice. Awsome form that’s off to a good start. :+1:

I like the dragons, good work :smiley:

cool, i made a chinese dragon’s head w/ my first model. this will help if i ever go for the body.

Pilou

Would that be Drago-nante?

How would I cut and paste elements of a model? With this Dragon, I wanted to reuse the Claws on each leg but ended up having to make each from scratch. Did I miss something?

chinese.dragonWIP4.jpg

chinese.dragonWIP6.jpg

Attachments

chinese.dragonWIP5.jpg

:Dallready starting to look nice :+1:

Yes, i think so …when you started your model you should have kept it in "mirror symmery "mode …and after all the legs and “whatever’s” on your dragon are complete, switch of the symmetry and bend your dragon in the way you want it to look !

jantim

Jantim, that makes sense. As you can see, I dropped Z spheres directly into the loops. I restarted later with a straight lin version but I went back to the original because it was looking better… I will probably try a few different ways. This is a real learning experience for me…

Absolute newb question, but what are those semi-transparent spheres sticking off of the body?

Check out http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=24746&highlight=magnets
As I cannot explain well…

Thanks for the info. Beautiful work, btw!

I really like this; excellent modeling!

Wow! I finally understood what 3d painting means… This is so much FUN! Still need to decide on final pose as well as skin textures, but I wanted to see what it might look like…

chinese.dragonWIP7.jpg

Attachments

chinese.dragonWIPtest.jpg