ZBrushCentral

BrushPallete v.02 (New version see POST #9)

Aloha,

This is my second week of having ZBrush and I ended up writing a simple utility (I guess that's what you would call it). So be kind to this Noobie.

Anway, in Photoshop & Painter, I enjoy having Brush Sets that I can just click on to call up. Watching some of the training videos, I wished I could easily set a brush with one click. (yeah - I already know about the right click & spacebar technique) Anyway, I created this ZScript to do what I wanted. After loading the ZScript you will get a set of 10 blank buttons. There is also LOAD and ABOUT buttons.

Use ALT-CLICK to store a brush’s Draw-Size, Focal-Shift, Intensities, and Brush Type (STD, Layer, Pinch, Nudge Smooth, etc.)

The Brush-Size shows up on the button with a prefix of the Transform-Type, as follows:

• Std: no prefix
  • SdtDot: D
  • Smooth: S
  • Pinch: P
  • Nudge: N
  • Layer: L
  • Inflat: I
  • InflatDot:i
This letter is followed by the Brush size.
Hovering over the Button will give you more information aboput what was stored.
I had wished I could have used colors to indicate Transform Type but unfortunately that can’t be done AND show a variable number. (I really wanted to know that size :slight_smile: )

You can save a set of brushes by Alt-Clicking on the LOAD button. You can recall a set of saved brushes by just clicking the LOAD button I hope this is useful - just like I hope that this isn't already in ZBrush. Let me know what you think....

Well done Greg! :+1: I’ll give it a test later. Thanks. :slight_smile:

EDIT: great work. Works very well. :sunglasses:

Works like a champ :+1: Nicely done. This would be a good candidate for making it into a plugin so that it be available at need.

Aloha & Thanks Marcus & Digits…

Where do I learn about making a plugin?
Is this all I have to do? <-- See Post#3

The Docs seem a little thin on this topic? :wink:

That’s it in essentials. You can have buttons, switches or sliders if you want to create a mini interface (see my Reference Image plugin); they all have to follow the same naming syntax where the subpalette is also in the button/switch/slider name. But you can’t have anything other than buttons/switches/sliders as part of the ZB interface, so if you want captions, sections, etc. then the best way is to create a plugin button that launches your main script. Svengali’s ZMats works like that, and it works very well too.

Morph and MorphDot are not availiable in the transform modes.
Just thought I would let you know.

Nice Work :smiley:

Chris

Pilou

Although this is true, interestingly it is quite possible to set quite a few of the ZB interface items when they are ‘not avalilable’ including Morph and MorphDot.
This obviously is not necessarily desirable so, in this case, instead of using [IExists,] you need to use [IGetFlags to find the state of the StoreMT button.

Aloha,

Thanks to Marcus_Civis I was able to enhance this ZScript with colors.

Use ALT-CLICK to store a brush’s Draw-Size, Focal-Shift, Intensities, and Brush Type (STD, Layer, Pinch, Nudge Smooth, etc.)
Click will apply these settings to the Brush.

The Brush-Size shows up on the button with a prefix and Color as follows:

Std: no prefix White
SdtDot: no prefix White with red dot
Smooth: S Blue
Pinch: P Pink
Nudge: N Aqua
Layer: L Yellow
Inflat: I Green
InflatDot: I Green with red dot

The letter is followed by the Brush size.
Hovering over the Button will give you more information about what was stored.
You can save a set of brushes by Alt-Clicking on the LOAD button.
You can recall a set of saved brushes by just clicking the LOAD button
If you save a set of Brushes to default.cfg, it will be loaded as your default.

Because of the way it is written, I think this will need a major overhaul to become a plugin.
Maybe yes… maybe no.

Let me know what you think…

Just Dl’d this and can’t wait to try it out! Thanks for taking the time to make it so we can have more fun!!

much thanx…was getting tired of changing brush props over and over.
Comes in handy.