ZBrushCentral

Material List ZScript (RevB Jan 13, 2002): Organize your favorite materials?

Hi :slight_smile:
This MaterialList ZScript allows you to store your favorite materials in easily accessible lists which may contain up to 100 materials and each added material will have its thumbnail automatically created.
You may create lists containing variety of materials or create lists that are theme-specific and switch between these lists as needed.

The ZScript file allows you to name (Title) your lists? Example? You may want to use your name (such as ?By ??? ), or the theme of the list ( such as Wood, Metal?). Naming the list is especially beneficial when you publish your list. To name your list, simply open the ZScript file in any text editor and edit the appropriate lines at the beginning of the ZScript.

:large_orange_diamond: Click here to download the MaterialList ZScript :large_orange_diamond:

Note: ThisMaterialList ZScript does not contain the materials that are included with theMaterialPack ZScript.
The MaterialPack can be downloaded from this thread

:large_orange_diamond: The zip file contains the MaterialList folder which is less then 150KB in size.
:large_orange_diamond: The MaterialList folder should be placed within your ZScript folder for easy access.
:large_orange_diamond: Demo users can use libraries created by others, but will not be able to create personal libraries as this task requires functions (Save/Export) which are disabled in the Demo. Demo users may download the MaterialPack ZScript (which works properly in the Demo version) from this thread.
:large_orange_diamond: Publishing your MaterialList is very easy, all you need to do is to ?zip? the MaterialList folder and it is ready to be published! ( the MaterialList folder contains all the necessary files to run properly on other systems, Demo users included)

After placing theMaterialList folder within your ZScript folder, launch ZBrush and load the MaterialList.txt ZScript, then press the ??? button to learn about this ZScript.

-Pixolator

Note: In February, A new ZScript will be released that will allow lists to be composed of other ZBrush resources, such as favorite Tools, Alphas, Textures and Materials.

Previously published ZScript :small_orange_diamond:MaterialPack

WOW

I cant believe this program. It just keeps on getting better and better. Whats Next?

Thanx Pixolator

:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:
:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hey, everyday is like a new release of ZBrush around here!!
Wow! (how is version 1.5 going to be classified as a upgrade??)
So many cool tools!! I am so damn happy at the mo!
Upham :smiley:

Getting better and better every day. And I’m sure that all of these new things are just a tease of what’s going to be available with the next release.

This is also going to be invaluable for packaging the Materials section of The Aurickle. Thank you!

FLESH PACK by SOUTHERN

Ok guys here goes Pack 1. Taking the download from above I inserted 100
of my most used Flesh, Blood, Bone and Skin materials and uploaded them for general release…

Any problems with download please contact ZBrush@southerngfx.co.uk and Ill check it out. PS. Its a US server now so you should be fine.

pps. Well done Ofer and the team!!! Another stunner…

Glen

EDIT :small_orange_diamond: Looks like the ZIP didnt fully FTP this morning. Ill upload it later today. Sorry guys…

EDIT…
AT LONG LAST I HGOT IT TO UPLOAD…
FLESHPACK ZIP (3.7meg)

Thankyou Glen.Great addittion to the growing ZBrush arsenal.

Hi Pixolator,

I’m not sure how this material list is meant to be used with the material pack.

Am I supposed to take materials from the material pack and sort them with the material list?

The material pack is a random collection of Materials with no particular order. Some of the materials however are unique in that they have additonal shader slots (The little S in the MATERIAL:MODIFIERS panel)

The new MaterialList enables you to take ANY material (including some from Material Pack if you wish) and save them in sets or collections of your own making.

If you are like me you will have thousands of materials in your ZMaterial directory. You can now put all your SKIN/FLESH variations into one pack, all your METALS into another pack, all your ORGANICS into another etc…

Each set needs its own directory for example MaterialList 1 or Fleshpack 1 and if you are a big material fan you may want to alter your DefaultZScript so that you can call your packs whenever you like with a handy little button or two.

Hope this helps until the other side of the Planet wakes up.

Glen
(Greenwich MeanTime)

one thing that didnt make sense to me is i was able to create one list and it works fine however now i have a folder that has the same files as in the first materiallist… i thought that this was bad for you computer. or is there way way to rename the files itself…

Between you, Ofer, and you Glen, you’ll have us downloading 24/7 even with ADSL if you guys keep up this innovation flood! :grimacing:
Thanks to both you guys for a new physics making possible the making of a new level of advancement to an already incredible APP!!!
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: , ETC…

Fleshpack is finally uploaded. Sorry about the wait, my ftp`s have been timing out after 500k or so.

Glen

FLESHPACK ZIP (3.7meg)

BTW. I have been getting a few errors with my material lists. If you experience any please post here and we can see if it`s my machine or a problem with Matlist.

Thanks Glen - that is great.I have been waiting for these eagerly since you mentioned them.
Thanks again.

Hopefully this will make me as good an artist as you(wishfull thinking on my behalf)

Thanks so much Pix for the very much needed and extremely useful script!! I downloaded it a while back. Thank you Southern for those wonderful materials! I’m getting a little teary eyed here…(to both of you) “I love you man!” sniffle, sniffle…

oh thank you!

fantastico, Glen! :+1: :+1: :+1: what a terrific addition to z-wonderland!

• juandel

Thanks Glen! Now I can really begin to understand how a ZMaster works! :slight_smile:

Ohh, good man Southern! I’ll put this to good use!
Cheers bud!
Upham :smiley:

Hi Southern :),
Thank you so much! You asked if we have any problems to let you know :). sniff i cant get the material Pack to load i receive the following error. I havent tried the material list yet. <im doing one step at a time lol, :slight_smile: Any tips on what i can do?

Thanks again :slight_smile:

smiles try this http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003474

Thanks for the information. I am patiently awaiting the new version. It appears as if it will be out of this blinking world !