ZBrushCentral

Eye tutorial v1.5 to v2

I’m trying to learn Zbrush. I have limited experence with 3D.

I first tried Zbrush 1.5 before I got Zbrush2. Zbrush 1.5 had a eye tutorial in
it. I looked around on the internet and found the Zbrush 1.5 eye tutorial and tried to apply it to Zbrush2.

I think I found most of the settings mentioned but I can’t get the results I would get in v1.5.

One setting I have not worked out is “TOOL>MODIFIERS>SYMMETRY submenu. Press Z and R with Radial count set to 40.”

My grandson (5years old) got pretty good doing the eye in the v1.5 tutorial. He started bugging me, the other night when he seen my Zbrush2, wanting to draw the eye. I had been wanting to do the eye anyway so that’s when I looked around and found the tutorial on the internet. I quickly seen my limited knowledge when I tried to apply the tutorial in Zbrush2.

Has anyone updated the v1.5 tutorial to Zbrush2? for us newbes.

Thank you for any help. It’s much needed.

eyesv15.jpg

Hi, symetry is now located in the Transform menu/palette. About halfway down if memory serves.

Thanks aminuts vbmenu_register(“postmenu_204277”, true);

My Zbrush2 only showed (x) (y) (z)
I clicked on the (z)
The ® then poped up
Then I clicked the ® and it exposed the Radialcount slider.

Little tricky if you don’t know it is there.

Thank you for your help.

Welcome! Yes, the radial symmetry is tucked away, but one of the other differences you’ll notice between 1.55 and 2 is the quantity and quality of the Help notes and mini tutorials accessible via the Help button. It’s also a good idea to download and work through the ZB2 tutorial pdf, which covers most of the tools (it’s very hands-on and fun!).

Look forward to seeing how you and your grandson get on. By the time I was 5, I had just learned how to dribble!

moochie you’ve learnt how to dribble?? wow wish i had :smiley:
5 thats a cool age to start on a life of 3d i wish him all the best he couldnt have pcked a better intrest:+1: :+1:

and yeah radial is tucked away

Where is noise located?

Thanks

If you want to physically move the vertices about a bit, it’s in Tools > Deformation. If you just want a little surface noise, there are several shaders in the Material library which add noise patterns.

I am trying to learn the Eye Tutorial and I looked in Tools, but I can’t find Modifier>Initalize anywhere? Can anyone tell me how to get there?

Hi.
After you select the Sphere3D as the current tool then you open the TOOL mrnu and go to INITIALIZE. From here you can alter basic properties of the Sphere3D. Then just draw the modified tool on the canvas.

Mal

Many thanks! I found initalizer right away, I just couldn’t figure it out at first, now it’s so easy. Again, thank you