ZBrushCentral

TextPad Users - ZScript Syntax Clip Library

A few months ago Game Master 770 made several recommendations for editors (UltraEdit and TextPad) and posted some very useful Syntax color-coding datafiles for both.

I tried out each editor, felt more comfortable with TextPad, so I bought a copy.

TextPad comes with a number of TextPad Clip Libraries (.tcl) setup for various languages including HTML tags and lookup tables for various extended character sets, ANSI, Control and DOS, etc. . You can also download TextPad Clip Libraries for other languages created by other TP users from the TextPad website.

I got the idea to create a library of my own for working with ZScripts - and compiled a complete alphabetical listing of the ZScript Command Set - Here it is for any other TextPad ZScriptor who might find it useful.

To use the file, ZBrush Syntax.TCL, first save it to the clip library folder (look under Preferences - clip library for the path).

When you reopen TextPad, activate the Clip Library window under the View menu. You’ll find a new listing: ZBrush Syntax Reference.

Mouse over the names to see the syntax for any of the ZScript commands.

Double-click any command and the complete syntax will be inserted into your code, at the cursor, bracketed with the /* and */ comment tags so it won’t bother anything when you test your script. (delete it when you’re done.)

In the .ZIP file you’ll find two files:

new_Zbrush2_script.syn = my current color-coded syntax setup
Zbrush Syntax.TCL = the alphabetically listed reference of ZBrush commands

Sven

Sven this work with UltraEdit?
Andreseloy

Hi,

No, the files are specific to TextPad.

I’m not sure if UltraEdit has something similar to the TextPad clip library, but if it does, the ZScript Syntax Clip Library I posted is just formated text.

So some clever person might be able to process the text into a format usable by UltraEdit (You? Marcus? Anyone?) :slight_smile:

Sven

Sven this file run where, in TextPad?
new_Zbrush2_script.syn
Thx friend
Andreseloy

Hi Andre,

:b2: Open TextPad and look under the Configure Menu. At the bottom click Preferences.

:b2: In the Preferences list you will see FOLDERS.

:b2: In FOLDERS, you will see various filetypes.
SYNTAX shows you the path to where your .SYN files can be found.
CLIP LIBRARY shows the path to libraries that you can load. Put .TCL files there.

To assign the new .SYN file:

:b2: Again, Configure Menu, Preferences, and click DOCUMENT CLASSES.

:b2: Click on the + next to TEXT, then click SYNTAX. in the dropdown window select New_ZBrush2_Script.syn and OPEN.

:b2: After that, you can Click COLORS where you define the color-coding for various parts of the script. Here is a screengrab of my color setup which I find works pretty well.

Sven

Attachments

textpad colors.jpg

works fine¡
the contribution that you, Marcus,Tveyes,GameMaster,Digits,Cameyo,Pionade and others is outstanding…this plus the unique recording script session that ZBrush have (i dont know other program do that) make the didactic and tutorial potential enormous¡
Thanks to all of you¡
Andreseloy

UltraEdit handles things slightly differently but its Tag List seems quite a good way of having the ZB commands to hand.

Locate the main UltraEdit folder (…\Program Files\UltraEdit) and rename the existing taglist.txt file taglist.txt.bak so that you’ve a back up. Then unzip the file and copy to the UltraEdit folder.

Restart UltraEdit. Now press Ctrl+F8 will bring up the taglist in a panel on the right. The ZBrush commands should be there. Double-clicking a command will insert it into the current document.

HTH! :slight_smile:

EDIT: Having coded with the taglist a bit I’ve changed it so that it’s easier to read and work with.

Sven,

Dang it I forgot to reply to this a while back…

Thanks for your set up files. I had to tweak the colors a tad to get it to work on the work laptop (god awful viewing there :rolleyes: ) but otherwise…thanks…a huge huge time saver for me.

I have been using it extensively along with Marcus’s znotepad script and couldn’t be a happier camper (well I could, if I could get more hours in a day hahaha)!!!

Thank you for sharing this!!! Once again you have made what little time I have, more productive and I can not thank you enough for that!!