ZBrushCentral

the Official Almost Monday NC 4/13 - 4/19

AMNC--ALEMAR.jpg

Hi everyone,

There have been more than our fair share of extraordinary artists posting here on ZBC. Every day seems to yield a fresh new approach to creating art in Zbrush. This week I would like to celebrate one of the most unique approaches (of course IMHO) I have seen here.

It would have been better for me to have approached Alemar himself to lead you into this challenge but he does an excellent job of explaining his thoughts and technique in this matter in this thread…

(I would like to add…before clicking you should know that the link below…may contain images you find disturbing. These are Alemar’s visions of War following his dream of being able to create in 3D the paranoic-critic method, so clicking on the link below is at your discretion only, Please if any view of war might upset you skip this challenge!)

Alemar’s Vision of the Paranoic-Critic Method in Zbrush

So the challenge this week is to join Alemar in his journey.

rules:

#1. Definitely follow the link and at the very least read his first 3 posts as he gives the technique you are to follow here.

#2. Following his examples, show us your interpretation of the paranoic-critic method using Zbrush.

#3. You must show a timelapse pic (get Pixolator’s way cool timelapse plugin here) or a Zscript of the process!!! This is a must…we want to follow along in the free thinking/creation process…dazzle us with non-thinking, spur of the moment creation.

#4. Of course you must also show a pic of the finished product…whether or not its colored up is up to you…but show us the end product your freedom of thought and action produced.

#5. If ya enjoyed the first round…do it again!!

Remember these challenges are open to anyone and everyone so …show us your new skills, newbies and you old timers out there…show us your stuff!!!

This challenges is for fun and kudo’s only. Pixologic has nothing to do with it other than allowing us to enjoy and abuse their program to death and host our fun here on their forums. Remember to give them a big thank you now and then for such a cool program!!!

enjoy the process!

…the last page where no images exist :smiley:
This one is the good Alemar’s Page :cool:
Pilou

hi Frenchy,

you don’t see pics and timelapses of his method on the link I posted?

I have to ask cuz I saved it when he first posted them cuz I knew I had to make this a challenge one day and it works for me when I click on it. I wanted it to be the first page where he explains how he has been intrigued by the method and had been searching a way to do it 3d and found a way in zb and shows a great many time lapses in the first three posts of the link. I would hope that it works and that all would follow thru all the pages to see how he develops the method throughout the thread…

but I thank you if I posted somewhat erroneously as I have my settings for the forum to show me last post first so I may have done it backwards!!!

oy…always backwards…me and my computer ahahaha.:smiley:

oh yeah my friend, saving my bacon does not exclude you from participating!!!:smiley:

I feel a bit dense in regards to this…I looked at the thread several times and followed one of Frenchy’s links as well. So I will explain what I think I understand and then correct me if I have misunderstood this.

1. Expressionist, bodies torn into pieces, desperation, suffering,
    confusion, chaos, death

2. These images are basically are made from abstract doodling’s from 3d and possibly further modeled and cleaned up a bit to represent elements depicting

Expressionist, bodies torn into pieces, desperation, suffering,
confusion, chaos, death

1. Reminds me of laying in a chair staring at the sky and making scenes out of the passing clouds…ie…I see a lion in that cloud or a persons face…etc…

Aminuts, am I on the right track in what you are after in this excercise?

thank you,
Ron

It’s the same for your second links about Timelapse :rolleyes:
Strangely we arrive on the last page again of the thread :wink:
So here the good first Timelapse post thread
It’s nothing but for speedy lazzy surfer as me to have to press a second time on a link is insurmountable :smiley: (I am a real paranoiac critic about links :lol:
Why not edit the post ?
As a big fan of Dali I give you the best visual link gallery about Dali for inspiration :cool:
My Old homage absolutly paranoiac critic :smiley: (I am terrorized by moustaches so I have some delirious interpretation of the world :lol:

If I found another time five free minuts i will make another paranoiac painting as Alemar :wink:
Have fun Zbrushing!
Pilou
Ps And a gift : A voice mp3 by the master himself about Paranoiac critic method! :cool: (in english)

hi Ron,

You are not dense, this nut is! I should have been alittle more specific but at 3am I am a bit brain dead. Let me highlight some of his writings that are relevant:

“Years ago on my personal and non-commercial work I started to use the
surrealist way of Dali, which he called “paranoic-critic method”., it’s
about to represent images excited by free associations, from forms took
by chance.
I did never achieve this with 3D, 'cause the technique
imposes a rigid planning to model and to compose, until the past months.
With Zbrush we can make something like that (although the digital medium
is a great bareer). I’ll post imagens from the development of this idea
so you can understand it better.”

“I simply make a random spot on screen, using a 2,5D brush from Zbrush,
and the software has a specific feature: I can generate a 3D object
from a 2D one, with elevations and depressions, thanks to pixols’ capacity
of having depth information.
From this point I “look for” images on the spot which remind me to the
idea of characters and the construction of the scene. Obviously, from
some moment I drive my needs of objects to the cration of spots, but
keeping unity.”

“Zbrush is amazing for that 'cause I can maintain the objects with their
specific 3D characteristics, even the’re freezed, with that I can
handle millions of polygons.
This way I compose the scene in 3D layers… the speed and the
possibilities of the proccess allows me a great amount of experimentation” Quotes taken from Alemar’s thread.

Alemar chose to use the method he demonstrates to show the pain and suffering of war, you could just free associate anything…like finding images in clouds…still love to do that myself…or have a theme of your own in mind and …

"2. These images are basically are made from abstract doodling’s from 3d and possibly further modeled and cleaned up a bit to represent elements depicting "

basically yes to #2.

I hope that clears it up somewhat…it is my morning at the moment and first cup of joe hasn’t been consumed yet!

Ok Frenchy, I will attempt to reverse my links with my backward ways. Thanks again for pointing them out!!:smiley:

Frenchy,

I copied and pasted your links so hopefully they now work correctly, and thank you for the extra links…you are the master of links and I am as lazy as you and want to go to relevant page right away…no extra clicks for me!!!:smiley: I will
endeavor to remember that I have set my forum settings backwards so I don’t repeat my mistake again!!

If someone could test the links and let me know if they work correctly now, I’d appreciate it!!

Pilou
Ps Salvador Dali has a very funny voice in english, isn’t it ? :smiley:
When he speaks french it’s more funny again !

Okies. Hope I understood the idea … kinda ‘go with the flow and doodle’ sort of thing. I’m not ‘into’ war and violence and chopped up body parts … my doodle turned into a kung fu sort of karate kid thing. It almost became Elvis.

Fu_lapse.jpg

Attachments

fu200k.jpg

Hey, this is fun!

After the incident with the acid, Crappi the Clown continued to perform at children’s parties. But his material seemed darker, somehow.
crappi200k.jpg

Attachments

crappi_lapse.jpg

Well… it’s been an interesting journey from the doodle to Frank the rooster… complete with golden egg and apropriately he emerges out of the chaos of the rrrrrrock.

Hey Guys!

Those turned out very cool!!!

Am gonna have to try to find some time to play with that myself…looks like fun!!

Pilou
Ps Text and frame are not Zbrush :slight_smile:

smudg.jpg

…because of that! :eek: :eek: :eek:
The first freaking image at the movie by Dali & Bunel in “Un Chien Andalou” :cool:
Pilou

Bad way to be a twin :smiley:

Ieeeeek.jpg

Attachments

ZTimeLapseImage.jpg

HA, that made me fall of my chair!. My dog is now deeply disturbed. WHERE is the texture! I have to print this! OMG this is sooooooo funny. I felt bad for my rooster… till now…

Good one, really good one!!!
LemonNado

roflmao … a twin, or just yesterday’s lunch? Eeeek indeed!

This one became obvious very shortly after I turned my scribble into 3D:

Hey Waiter! There’s a shark in my Martini. Again.
shark200k.jpg

Attachments

shark_lapse.jpg

you guys are nutsssssss!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I have to make another one. It’s kinda eerie how a structure emerges out of the subconscious doodles and manifests itself out of the pixol fog. Lot’s of fun. And Bas, really this beasty needs to be treated to a texture. A wheeling Ieeek.

Cheers
LN