ZBrushCentral

the Offical Almost Monday NC 4/7-4/13

Hi everybody! Thanks to everyone who participated in the last challenge!

Spring is here…well by the calendar it is anyway…doesn’t quite feel like it yet here.

Anyway, it’s that time of year our not so favorite friends start to wake up. So for this challenge, let’s address those
unfounded fears and create some real life critters that freak us out!!!

It’s ok if there is some sort of critter that is neither a spider or a snake that freaks ya out…create him and kick his butt.

#1. You may use a base model created in another app.

#2. Please show a timelapse created with Pixolator’s cool timelapse plugin!!!

#3. Spiders and snakes and or whatever freaks ya out is the order of the day.

#4. Show us your wips, some pics of the various stages you are undertaking to create your critter!!! Finishing him or her up is not required but certainly is desired! Wow us!!

Remember these challenges are open to anyone and everyone so …show us your new skills, newbies and you old timers out there…show us your stuff!!!

This challenges is for fun and kudo’s only. Pixologic has nothing to do with it other than allowing us to enjoy and abuse their program to death and host our fun here on their forums. Remember to give them a big thank you now and then for such a cool program!!!

Have fun!

Hey, might as well make a fumbling newbie’s attempt at this challenge (especially since I’m on a roll doing creepy-crawlies anyhow…).
My first problem was your call for something that freaks me out – I think spiders are the coolest and snakes are really pretty – & kinda cuddly (sorry, maybe I just have the wrong DNA;) ).

But here’s something almost no one likes – the horrible killer tick (I saw a movie about them once; they’re evil).
About three hours work from reference pic’s to final render.
CRHQ_tick1.jpg

:smiley: :sunglasses: :+1:

[attach=9284]acaro.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

acaro.jpg

great, cathuria

very good work

PS: Render in ZB?

macro marvel :sunglasses: :+1: :+1: :+1:

scratch, scratch, if I look at it I feel him :smiley:

Thanks, folks!
Yes, render in ZB; levels & saturation plumped in PS.

V’hairy good ! :smiley:
It’s a nice work. :+1:

levels & saturation plumped in PS.

Maybe you have the same in Zbrush :wink:
Menu Best render / adjustment :rolleyes:
Pilou sometime purist :smiley:

Hey Cathuria, that’s an awesome tick for anyone let alone a newbie!!!

Welcome to zbrush!!! Hope to see more entries of yours in future challenges!!! As well as in the main forum of course!!:smiley:

Frenchy, there are saturation, shadow and highlighter brushes that can be used to mimic some PS stuff!!!

Frenchy…I invite you join in these challenges…you are awesome user of zbrush…even if it’s the demo!!! and you can save a pic or screen grab!!! Come join us my friend!! (ps…when I win the lottery, the first thing I will
buy is the lastest version of Zbrush for you!!!:wink: Then I will splurge on a new Harley for me!!)

…if I have 5 minutes :slight_smile:
Have no time is very good for simulate the creativity :wink:
Pilou

aa.jpg
Pilou
Ps Text and Frames are not Zbrush :slight_smile:
Pss Fractal spiders terrify me :rolleyes:
Pss Just use in order :
Fill the Canvas, Snake Hook brush, Fiberbrush, one sphere3D, and a toy plastic eye from this tut’s thread :slight_smile:

spiders dont frighten me but that bugger does lol :+1:

…signification of bugger and I am perplex :smiley:
Pilou

It’s the dreaded hypnotic fuzzy-frenchy:laughing: :+1:

woohoo Frenchy!!

Have to agree, wouldn’t like to find one of those hanging
around the house!!

WARNING this might be soooo scary that some of you wont be able to sleep after seeing it! :lol:… (its a spider)

Attachments

Spider.jpg

those are one heck of a set of choppers!!!

lol “bugger” hmmm maybe not the best word to use in a phrase in a multi culture forum :lol:
where people might actually look up what a word commonly used in the uk actualy means :wink: :lol: :lol: