ZBrushCentral

Newbie Challenge #002 Directional Brush

newbiechallenge#002.jpg

Hi everybody!

Thanks to those of you who participated in our previous challenge…some very cools stuff was posted!!!

People buy and try Zbrush for various reasons and have various backgrounds. Our Goal is to walk thru various zbrush tools, hopefully giving you the skills and Knowledge of Zbrush you need to accomplish whatever it is you want to do with Zbrush. The idea is to go through the various tools, each building upon the other Until you have the skills, knowledge of Zbrush to create characters, landscapes, Paintings, sculptures, textures etc etc all within Zbrush!!

Some folks are new to 3D or computer graphics all together and some Are only new to the way zbrush does things etc, etc. So we will endeavor to have Two challenges within each challenge (sometimes maybe more). You are free to try Them all or only those you feel comfortable with. We hope in this way to help the Variety of new users that zbrush has. We are always open to suggestions or ideas So please feel free to share them with us.

In the file listed below you will find…

a zscript showing basic how to and some examples of using the directional brush as well as a feature or two of zbrush you may not have learned about yet.

a directional brush to experiment and play with

a base head model (if you know who originally posted this…please let me know so I may give credit…I couldn’t find who posted it)

Unzip the file into your zscript folder…it will unzip to the same folder previously created in challenge #001. To load the scripts or the tools you will need to go the zscripts folder and choose the newbiechallengescripts folder.

Challenge #1
To use the directional brush in some creative way…create a landscape or cool designs, an abstract, background, an alpha or whatever moves and excites you! And show us your stuff!!!

Challenge #2
The same as challenge #1 but combine it with the Deco Brush!!

Challenge #3
Use the Directional Brush and the Deco brush to detail and texture the included Head Tool. You may model the head tool in anyway you want…but must use the above tools only to detail and texture it. Show us your results…should be fun to see how everybody does this differently! Include a zscript if possible of your work so others coming after you may learn something!!

Don’t be shy…show us your creativity!!!

Pixologic has nothing to do with this other than allowing us to have some fun with their awesome program. Kudos from fellow zbrushers and accidental learning are all you get from joining in!! But don’t let that deter you…show us what ya got!!!

Thanks for participating,
Andreseloy and Aminuts!!!

I LOVED the first newbie challenge… And I’ll will be participating in every one of them… Good call on these guys.

Also, I just wondered if anyone has ever answered the question you pose in your screen name… I will… Yes, you are nuts… :slight_smile:
Sorry… that was cheesy… but, if you read all my posts… I’m the epitomy of enzymed dairy product… (or cheese for those uninformed… lol)

Thanks again for the newbie challenges…
-MWS

Hahaha cool Mad,

I ask it everyday, but you are the first to ask here! Once in a while I get the “lightbulb just turned on” post though!:smiley:

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!!

and keep an eye out #3 is coming to a forum near you soon as well!!

hi you all. heres my fist pic with the dir brush
eye-1web.jpg

Very cool Vicart…keep em coming!!

Yeh … I like Vicart’s style too. Nicey.

Here’s my stab at challenge #1 … all Directional brush. Had to cheat a bit with the rainbow, as I couldn’t draw nicely around the half torus. So I took the yukky map into PSP and straightened it up and applied the new map. Much better.

Wanted the raindrops semi-transparent. Followed a couple of tutorials here, but got myself in a mess. Came up with this version by accident. 'fraid I haven’t even looked at how to make zscripts yet. Laters.
directional01.jpg

one more snort before bedtime, i cant give it up, what an amazing
program.
god-heads-web.jpg

Challenge #2. No cheating, except for a touch of illumination in post work. These brushes are quite hard to control (I find), so this is a good exercise for a newb like me.
undersea.jpg

Yeah they take some getting used to but on the other hand you can lose whole days playing with them!!!

Very cool stuff guys!!

made an image with supplied head part 1
alpha-heads-ill-web.jpg

Cool!!!

when you’re ready…make a zscript of your fun…you don’t have to…but it might help some others plus then we get to watch how your mind works!!!:smiley: I for one do like how it works!!

That’s a great head model you provided. Had great fun with it. I’ve never made a female head before. Never made an animal, either. And I haven’t used the deco or direction brushes to texture a model. So I combined all in this picture. I call her Baarbara. A pastoral faerie.
baarbara200k.jpg

Attachments

baa_plan.jpg

Absolutely Fantastic!!!

I love her!!!

(I wish I could remember who originally posted that head…so please if anyone knows let me know so I can give credit where credit is due!!)

I d/l the script, and yes the head tool was in the file. I tried to move the tool to the tool file but alas the head tool doesn’t come up as a tool. What did I do wrong? Thanking you in advance for any help.

Corrupted d/l? Try it again … I can open the manbasehead.ztl whether it’s in my Tool library or in my Newbie Script folder. hth

You should be able to load it from any directory you move it to. Make sure that when you click on the load tool button that it is in the directory you placed the tool into.

if you can’t find it there…sometimes I think I am moving a file from one place to another but when I let go of the mouse to drop it in windows thinks I mean the folder above or below the one I really want so if you can’t find it…try checking the folder above or below for it.

You can always do a search within windows to find out where it landed too.

Let me know if you are still having troubles!!

wow moochie

Very nice mood created here Moochie!